Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Faith as small as a mustard seed 
Monday, February 08, 2016, 6:40 PM

"Fear not," He said. "For I am with you."

MBBS revision and life and everything else have been extremely, extremely overwhelming of late. I haven't had a good day in a very long while. Been feeling down more often than I should, am falling behind my revision schedule, had a small argument with my mom today, etc etc. Lots of negative energy in my body haha, where did all the positive energy go? Struggling to not lose faith, struggling to study, struggling to stay afloat. I haven't had time for much else recently. Could barely force a smile during my reunion dinners. And my productivity isn't as high as I would like it to be.

But here's a feeble attempt at being positive...

In the year of the monkey, I'm thankful to be alive. I'm thankful for Jeriel. I'm thankful for the good and cute side of my parents, thankful for my cute dad who bought a selfie stick recently and went around Chinese Garden today with my mom in matching festive brightly orange-coloured tops to take selfies. I'm thankful for the house I live in, the food I eat and the clothes I wear. I'm thankful for financial stability. I'm thankful for good health and for having four fully functional limbs. I'm thankful for this chance to be in medical school, for finally being this close to graduating, for being privileged enough to be on my way to joining this noble profession very soon. I'm thankful for the amazing plans that God has for me in the future. I'm thankful for them even though I can't see them yet. I'm thankful for the mighty kingdom He promised. I'm thankful for a big, great God who loves me no matter how many times I've stopped believing and trusting in Him.

It's getting harder and harder to stay afloat as we countdown to MBBS, but... I'm thankful for these struggles. The fact that I'm struggling means I'm still alive with a will to keep fighting against the waves that try to drown me. Here's Finding Nemo's Dory (Thank you Ellen Degeneres) with her pearls of wisdom:


Labels: , , , , ,

« back forward »