Everytime you smile there's sunshine
Saturday, July 04, 2015, 12:52 PM
2/3 of CG35 with Dr. Ng Tan Yi Hua and Dr. Ng Yong Hong :)
Three weeks of paeds is officially over! (ACLS next week omg criessss I need to revise all the emed knowledge I've happily thrown out of the window ever since M4 ended)
Super thankful for our incredibly, incredibly amazing paeds tutors this posting :) KK really has the nicest, bestest, and most dedicated tutors. Ever. Learnt so so much from them! Didn't manage to catch Dr. Chen Ching Kit one last time to take a photo though sighpie :( I have to say he really is my ultimate favourite tutor. He made paeds cardio and heart sounds etc easy peasy and really broke down the physiology bit for us step by step so we could truly see how things work. I think I'd love to get a CVS case for MBBS paeds now... and if I did I'd actually be quite confident in doing relatively well! Gonna miss his tutorials and how he fake-scolds us (and to the guys especially, he says "I will grab/squeezeeeee you so hard at the one part that hurts the most") whenever we jump right into describing murmurs before the correct verbal diarrhea of I HEAR DUAL HEART SOUNDS WHICH ARE NORMAL WITH NO ADDITIONAL SOUNDS SUCH AS S3 AND S4!!! But yeah his dedication (to the point of forgoing his own meals to teach us after hours at night when we were a pretty hopeless bunch of CVS idiots :X) and humour and friendliness and patience = truly unparalleled. I've encountered many good tutors in my 2 clinical years (and counting) so far, but he's on a whole other level. Probably along with unicorns and the likes.
Also I think babies are really just super soft and warm and smooth and tiny buns that smell like little whiffs of heaven :3 I absolutely love it when they grab my finger hehe. Okay now we know there's such a thing called grasp reflex so it's not because they really like you very much or anything and that makes me feel a little less special but omg it's still one of the best feelings in the world when a super tiny warm hand wraps itself tightly around your finger and refuses to let go :P And when they smile at you with their toothless happy smile and their chubby cheeks squishing their eyes into two flat lines!!!!!!!! I have an insane love for tiny humans I think they're the best things in the world. So cute (and round and soft) and happy and innocent and untainted and uncorrupted by all the vices of this world. I'll miss roaming around the wards looking for babies to poke and tickle :( I honestly have zero interest in paeds but omg the babiessssssss! The babies are everything ♥
Hehe so anyway our day ended at about 3pm+ yesterday. Watched Scrubs and HIMYM at J's house, went singing at Teoheng @ Junction 10, dinner at Porn's, then back to J's house for his mommy's belated birthday celebration! Love fridays :)))))))))) Teoheng was amazing, something we'd never ever done before as a couple (and it was his very first time singing karaoke #sohonoured) but we really had so so so so much fun :D Really happy he ended up genuinely enjoying himself very much yay! He says it reminds him of his performing days with his old band many years back. I swear I melted into a puddle when he got into his performing mode and turned his swag on HAHA HE STILL GOT IT :P Thank you for agreeing to try something new for me dear :)) we have to do it again soon!!!
Then dinner at Porn's :) Mistook a kid in uniform for a staff LOL k it's not funny when I say it now, but it was apparently hilarious in that very moment because it made J roar with intractable laughter, the literally almost-rofl-and-abdo-muscles-in-painful-spasms-and-just-CAN'T-STOP kinda laughter D: Then rushed back to his house for the birthday celebration! Met his brothers for the first time too, glad I'm settling in and feeling more and more comfortable around his family now hehe. Big families always make me feel happy and warm ^^ I love my family but I've always felt kinda lonely growing up in a small family of three... it just doesn't feel the same idk how to put it :/
So yup yesterday was a super duper packed day which started off with quite a bit of sian-ness and frustration, but I was again a very happy Joy at the end of the day because everything turned out fantastically and I had so much fun with my favourite person in the world :))))))) Thank God for happy days!
New earworm discovered at McDonald's!!!
The music makes me wanna jump around and dance along the streetsss
Labels: babies, birthday girl, happy, jeriel, KKH, m5, moozic, paeds, SIP
Joy ♥