You sprinkle stardust on my pillowcase
Sunday, July 12, 2015, 4:11 PM
I have to say that ACLS is really quite fun hehe. All the many different algorithms seemed very daunting at first but they're actually pretty okay once you get the hang of things! It's really kinda exciting to handle collapsed patients; the adrenaline rush is refreshing (scary, nonetheless) and now I see why people love emed. But yeah as much as I find it a lot more fun than I did before, it's still not for me because of how easily I panic and blank out in general and how I'm superterriblyfreaking scared of doing something wrong and ending up killing an already unstable patient ._. I think it's truly only for those who can stay calm and think on their feet and take every challenge with 100% confidence as they hit you one wave after another, and I know I'm not that kinda person :/ Not yet at least sigh. Must really psycho myself to keep calm and think with a clear head whenever unexpected situations happen! And must always be confident ++++++++ :(
Okay but last week was generally very tiring (although fun). Spent Friday night at fam med extravaganza (the PD for NHG fam med residency is really nice! I seriously am quite inclined to do fam med now, but their yearly intake is shockingly low so ahh we'll see how the rest of M5 goes) but yeah apart from that, everyday I got home late feeling super shagged and could barely study anything before concussing in my bed :( And it was an ultra long week because they made us go back yesterday (it was a Saturday!!! From like 7.40am to... 6.30pm omg) in view of the Hari Raya holiday next week criessss
So anyway date night with J fell on a Saturday this week! Was super looking forward to it especially after a super tiring week and the last one felt like a few eternities ago :( Had dinner at THW@Westgate (their amazing charsiewbuns that we never get tired of deserve a special mention here), then accompanied him to get icecream at Baskin Robbins :) was pleasantly surprised to see that he chose the exact same flavours that I would've chosen for myself! #welikethesameicecreamflavours! #teehee #yayandstuff ^^ I rmb laughing a lot yesterday, partly because I was super happy and also because it's physically impossible to not laugh around him. You and your hilarious imitations dear!!! Hehe. Then talked about school and exams and he was once again his usual encouraging and positive self :) It's amazing how I'm emotional, timid and panicky but he balances all these out perfectly with his confidence and calmness, always tries to encourage me, and somehow always manages to see my fullest potential when I can never even begin to imagine what that may be. You know how they always say "be with someone who brings out the best in you + makes you a better person"... I've been seeing this quote everywhere since years ago but never truly felt that it was relevant/applicable or saw what it meant before, and now I really really do. And by "now" I don't mean like yesterday only okay hahaha, realized it long ago ever since J came around! I'm really a much better version of myself now than I was before we got together, I don't even know where to begin. And I know I can only continue get better and better from here :)
Thank you for yesterday dear ♥
Had the best sleep in a long long long while and woke up at almost 11am today feeling incredibly refreshed and awesome! I haven't studied much today apart from reading through some seniors' accounts and Monday blues are gonna set in soon but my mood status so far: Good ++++++ ^^ Because thank God I'm finally enjoying the weekend (one-day weekend lol). Another intense week begins tomorrow sighpie but ELIZABETH IS FLYING BACKKKKKK *jumps around* so now I've got 2 things (Friday with J and Saturday with beefy) to look forward to/keep me going this week!!!
On a side note, there's been a flood of commencement photos on Facebook these few days! Thinking back on the last commencement I went to a year ago (wow it's been a year alr), I still remember vividly the atmosphere then and the overwhelming feelings of excitement and jubilance in the air. And now I'm experiencing them again just looking at all these photos hehe. Part of me feels really bummed that everyone's graduated and started working and moved on to the next phase of life except for me because I'm still stuck in my final year of university, but another is just filled with great anticipation and excitement for the arrival of my graduation day next year. No matter what, I'm really really really happy for all the peeps who just graduated! So proud of my friends :')
Hopefully this time next year it'll finally be my turn to stand there wearing that long dark blue graduation robe, with the mortarboard, hand in hand with my amazing classmates, girlfriends, boyfriend and parents, grinning widely and proudly :)
![]() |
| ^ Weish's surprise bday celebration in the middle of ACLS hehe! :3 #shesotall |
Joy ♥
