Of lizards, tonsils, and funky chipmunks
Monday, June 29, 2015, 9:48 PM
Sorry for the emo/angsty/depressing post previously, I'm feeling okay now :) I get these extreme lows once in awhile in med school esp when I'm stressed/tired/knowledge deficient, and they usually go away after a few days (only to return again next time lol). Hehe today I got an influx of whatsapps from beefy and THIS in my email :D
Oh yes omg I need to share my vomit-inducing experience last night!!! Dozed off on my desk studying (yes, again, always, everyday, every time, without fail) and woke up an hour later... with a small lizard ON MY ARM. OMG THE HORROR DDDDDDDDDDDDDD: I stared at the dreadfully coloured and textured webbed reptile for what seemed like the longest of all eternities, not knowing whether to scream or amputate my arm then throw it out the window. Blew the lizard onto the floor (could almost hear it land with an icky "splat") and chased it out of my room with a whole bunch of crumpled tissue papers and alcohol swabbed my entire arm after that T.T idk I always thought lizards ran and hid from humans... evidently this small lizard is too young to know how things work around here and decided to just casually lounge on my arm as I napped peacefully T.T I swear I've had the most disgusting encounters with lizards. My last one was probably late last year when I stepped on a fat (?dead) lizard with my bare foot in the morning as I walked into the toilet to brush my teeth, all fresh and rejuvenated and ready for a brand new day. Because nothing says "good morning" better than the feel of cool, scaly, firm reptile skin against your own.
Omg I just saw it again and snapped a picture of it
In other news, settled my minicex today! Was a bunch of crazy jumbled nerves all day. My assessor was a paeds nephrologist so I spammed nephrotic syndrome to death during my revision, along with some other classic long cases like asthma, IBD, febrile fits, etc. Ended up being a case of strep throat ddx IMS -.-!!! With apparently VERY obvious exudative tonsillitis which I could not for the life of me see/visualize no matter how much I tried to tilt my head/tilt the poor little girl's head/pry open her mouth :( And the history was packed with incredibly non-specific symptoms that threw me off and sent me down the GE path :/ Our discussion mainly revolved around IMS thereafter, and omg didn't study IMS at all (I don't think I ever mugged it properly even in M3) but luckily I could vomit a few things from my very limited memory and knowledge, simple stuff like need to look out for hepatomegaly, cervical lymph nodes, rash, etc. Thank God she was pretty lenient so the discussion bit went fairly smoothly on the whole, apart from the fact that I completely missed out the one and only positive finding of the elusive exudative tonsillitis *CRIES* but okay she admitted that it was a "high complexity" case and that she purposely picked a non-standard non-straightforward non-specific one for me, not to prep me for MBBS but mainly to prep me for real life work once I graduate. Sigh disappointed that I missed the tonsillitis :( although in my defence her throat really was close to impossible to visualize. But thank God everything else was fine! Didn't pass with flying colours, but at least I did okay. And of course I'm glad I got it over and done with :D
Haha my gosh I'm sorry my posts and mood have been nothing but erratic lately and akin to a rollercoaster ride gone mad/crazy/bonkers. I promise I'm not bipolar ._. Just stressed. But yes, I'm still learning to manage these stresses properly and appropriately displace them into God's hands when they become too great to bear on my own. The one golden rule of thumb I tend to forget whenever things get me down is to always pray, pray, and pray.
And so J constantly reminds me about His love and always tries his best to nudge my trust and faith back in place whenever they waver even slightly. Thank you dear ♥
Hehe from now on I'm going to get into the habit of writing down one thing in life that I'm thankful for before I go to bed everyday. Maybe I'll type it in a note on my phone or tweet one-liners everyday hehe idk I'll see how I shall go about doing this! I think this thankfulness can really go a long way when life seems to suck or when awful feelings/events get me down. For one it forces me to be positive everyday by die die squeezing every last precious drop of positivity out of me, no matter how tiny/little that bit is, and no matter how much negativity overwhelms me in the day. And of course it also serves as a daily reminder of God's goodness and how I should always, always rejoice and show my gratitude for the things He's made possible in my life. Because having a thanksgiving heart makes you a happy, positive and healthy person, and that's what I shall strive to be for as long as I can :)
Hehe back to studying now!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
And then it was followed by a list of 8 well-elaborated tips hehehe which became a very wordy email, just like the kind we used to send back and forth back in the days :) I really do love long emails although school hardly leaves me with any time for those anymore. THANK YOU MY PARTNER IN CRIME awww I can't believe you're still in the middle of exams yet you took the time to do this for me. Thank you for always having faith in me and for always checking in once in awhile to make sure I'm still sane :') I'm always rooting for you as much as you're rooting for me too okay because screw the distance and timezones and the thousands of miles, I luv you more than words can say ♥
Because together, we're the hottest females to walk the face of this earth.
#hatersgonnahate #potatoesgonnapotate
Throwback to 2013 when we were happy chipmunk and angry chipmunk teehee! Okay this may shock you but we can be glam and normal too
THIS IS FOR YOU ELIZABETH FONG MING HUI. You da man. ♥
Anyway, 2 weeks of SIP have ended and it's our revision/clinics/tutorials week! Kinda relieved I don't have to rush to the hospital so early in the morning for prerounds everyday anymore hehe. Last Friday also saw a very happy Joy enjoying a very happy date with a very happy J :) hehe after skipping date night the previous Friday because he was a sick squirrel. Then Saturday was parents-dine-with-Jeriel day Round 2 :P which went really well, even better than Round 1 I'd say! Hehe. Thank God for a charming J, and my happy, approving and supportive parents. Thank God the people I love the most are slowly growing and learning to love each other, and will only continue to do so more and more. I'm so incredibly blessed :)))
Omg I just saw it again and snapped a picture of it
THIS. THIS was on my arm T.T!!!
LOOK at its tiny webbed feet HOMG I cannot.
I must die.
In other news, settled my minicex today! Was a bunch of crazy jumbled nerves all day. My assessor was a paeds nephrologist so I spammed nephrotic syndrome to death during my revision, along with some other classic long cases like asthma, IBD, febrile fits, etc. Ended up being a case of strep throat ddx IMS -.-!!! With apparently VERY obvious exudative tonsillitis which I could not for the life of me see/visualize no matter how much I tried to tilt my head/tilt the poor little girl's head/pry open her mouth :( And the history was packed with incredibly non-specific symptoms that threw me off and sent me down the GE path :/ Our discussion mainly revolved around IMS thereafter, and omg didn't study IMS at all (I don't think I ever mugged it properly even in M3) but luckily I could vomit a few things from my very limited memory and knowledge, simple stuff like need to look out for hepatomegaly, cervical lymph nodes, rash, etc. Thank God she was pretty lenient so the discussion bit went fairly smoothly on the whole, apart from the fact that I completely missed out the one and only positive finding of the elusive exudative tonsillitis *CRIES* but okay she admitted that it was a "high complexity" case and that she purposely picked a non-standard non-straightforward non-specific one for me, not to prep me for MBBS but mainly to prep me for real life work once I graduate. Sigh disappointed that I missed the tonsillitis :( although in my defence her throat really was close to impossible to visualize. But thank God everything else was fine! Didn't pass with flying colours, but at least I did okay. And of course I'm glad I got it over and done with :D
Haha my gosh I'm sorry my posts and mood have been nothing but erratic lately and akin to a rollercoaster ride gone mad/crazy/bonkers. I promise I'm not bipolar ._. Just stressed. But yes, I'm still learning to manage these stresses properly and appropriately displace them into God's hands when they become too great to bear on my own. The one golden rule of thumb I tend to forget whenever things get me down is to always pray, pray, and pray.
Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7
And so J constantly reminds me about His love and always tries his best to nudge my trust and faith back in place whenever they waver even slightly. Thank you dear ♥
Hehe from now on I'm going to get into the habit of writing down one thing in life that I'm thankful for before I go to bed everyday. Maybe I'll type it in a note on my phone or tweet one-liners everyday hehe idk I'll see how I shall go about doing this! I think this thankfulness can really go a long way when life seems to suck or when awful feelings/events get me down. For one it forces me to be positive everyday by die die squeezing every last precious drop of positivity out of me, no matter how tiny/little that bit is, and no matter how much negativity overwhelms me in the day. And of course it also serves as a daily reminder of God's goodness and how I should always, always rejoice and show my gratitude for the things He's made possible in my life. Because having a thanksgiving heart makes you a happy, positive and healthy person, and that's what I shall strive to be for as long as I can :)
Hehe back to studying now!
Labels: beefy, ew, God, jeriel, lizard, m5, nus, paeds, school
Joy ♥



