Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 12:13 AM
IT'S DECEMBER :))))))))))
Had Playhouse prac until about 9pm+ and haven't done anything productive since I got home, but it's okay because we managed to get many compulsory stuff done in hospital today! And Playhouse prac was actually great so I'm pretty happy with how my day went :) Am starting to enjoy Playhouse quite a bit hehe. Guess the main reasons include getting to know the people in my scene better and just... making great improvements in general and watching ourselves becoming smoother and more expressive with every rehearsal. It's a short scene and it recently got cut even shorter because we overshot the time limit, so some funny bits had to be axed sigh but hope it's still entertaining :P
Anyway, DECEMBER IS HERE so the rest of this post from here on out is gonna be winter-themed. Hehe this is probably my favourite month of the year, because of Christmas and all the excitement of ushering in the new year and the fact that... well, December's just always had this magical/fairytale-ish feeling to it. Really, really wish we had winter in Singapore (zzz why so humid Singapore wai u on the damn equator) and jealous of the lucky souls who are overseas. They truly get to experience winter wonderland :(
I've always dreamt of celebrating Christmas where there's actually winter. I've been telling myself every year since I was a little girl (yes young Joy was unimpressed by the lack of snow) that when I grow up, I'm gonna celebrate Christmas overseas, somewhere beautiful with stunning architecture, modern or historical or both, and with snow. (Which is... pretty much almost everywhere else on this planet that's NOT Singapore) Like the kind of picturesque places you always see on postcards and calendars :)
Imagine the whole city, all the buildings, architecture, cathedrals, cars etc covered with a fresh sheet of snow, glistening under the soft glow of the winter sun. Imagine walking down the city streets (or cobbled alleys) at night with snowflakes descending gently from the heavens. With your partner, both red-nosed, both wearing thick coats (and looking like paus) and earmuffs :) And gloves! Holding and keeping each others' hands warm. Little kids all wrapped up with layers and layers of winter clothing looking like tiny paus too, running around laughing, giggling, ice-skating, playing, building snowmen, making snow angels and having snowball fights. Parents yelling and chasing after them to be careful, and then laughing along anyway because it brings them unimaginable joy to see the happy smiles on their chubby little faces and their cute round rosy cheeks :D Lots of pretty Christmas lights and decorations (and enormous Christmas trees in city squares) downtown and on every house in the neighbourhood. Mingling with neighbours, going caroling around the estate, having friends and relatives you haven't seen in awhile over for a hearty Christmas feast, downing a drink or two, catching up over mugs of thick hot chocolate, exchanging presents and hugs and warm greetings. Snuggling up with your partner by the warm fireplace next to the Christmas tree with soft cushions and a huge comfy blanket, wrapping/unwrapping presents, laughing, talking, being silly, etc. And let's have a curious little puppy running about excitedly too, wearing a cute knitted doggy sweater and being extremely fascinated by the colourful lights and decorations and sparkly ornaments hanging from the Christmas tree :P
Ahhhhh that would be the best kind of Christmas ever :) :) :) My kind of Christmas! I couldn't resist googling beautiful places in winter and drooling over them omg this (Christmas markets in Europe) and this (Christmas holiday destinations in Europe)!!!! Here are a few photos hehe
![]() |
| Amsterdam, Netherlands |
![]() |
| Tallinn, Estonia |
![]() |
| Prague, Czech Republic |
![]() |
| Innsbruck, Austria (Omg them snowcapped mountainssss) |
![]() |
| Bolzano, Italy |
![]() |
| Stockholm, Sweden |
![]() |
| Erfurt, Germany |
GOD these places T-T *foams* And then we have............
Singapore. \o/
![]() |
| Complete with ERPs and SBS buses. And possibly people walking down Orchard road in T-shirts, FBTs, and flipflops. And no snow ._." #ikr #sopostcardworthy |
Kill me nowwwww how can these decorations along Orchard Road and the fake manmade-snow-aka-soap-foam ever, EVER compare to those winter wonderlands upstairs?! Anyway those are not this year's decor hehe they're older pics I koped from google
No matter what, I'm looking forward to the rest of December because there's PLAYHOUSE on the 13th, and after that we finally get 2 weeks of break! To rest, recharge, rejuvenate, reduce, reuse, recycle, catch up with people, celebrate Christmas, prepare for 2015, and... study for final exams in January. Okay mostly study haiii bummer. But at least I've already got a few catch up meals/meetings lined up during the few days when J the beach squirrel will be in Boracay enjoying the sun and the sea with his friends! Gonna make him walk down Orchard Road with me when he's back HAHA okay this can never compare to strolling down the streets of Amsterdam or Sweden, but I guess it doesn't get any better than this around here :P
And on a separate note, the problem/dilemma that bugged me for quite a bit which I posted about previously is kind of solved :) not yet completely solved, because the toughest hurdle is yet to come, but I braced myself and took the first step last week and I'm really, really happy with how things turned out. Shame on me for not having enough faith in the strength of these peripheral ties, really should've known better; we've been getting along so well over the years, guess I truly underestimated how nice and understanding they are... Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. No matter what happened and what happens in the future, I'm glad I got to know them and I'm thankful for these friendships. Friendships (or kinship, even) I know will endure the passage of time, friendships I know will last :) Thank God for this, thank God for strength, and thank God for them.
Phew what a long and picture heavy post! Okay evidently I'm not gonna be able to get any studying done after this considering how late it's getting, so I'll go sleep and hopefully dream of pretty snowy places hehe night folks ^^
Joy ♥









