Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
It's love on rewind 
Sunday, December 07, 2014, 2:55 PM
For publicity:
13 Dec 2014, 12.30-8pm (M4 play @ 4.45pm)
University Cultural Centre - Theatre
What would you do if you had one more hour to live?

Christmas Eve – all is peaceful and quiet except in Ward A12, where an old lady has gone into a flat-line. In the face of two persistent Angels-in-training who are tasked with taking her away from the world, she begs for one more chance to finish her unfinished business. Her wish is granted, and she meets a cranky taxi uncle who unwittingly becomes her chauffeur. With the help of a time-travelling taxi and a yellow umbrella, she revisits her past and comes face to face with her demons.

The past week's been busy, but a manageable kind of busy thanks to better shift hours and finallyyyy completing Prof Suresh's series of long lectures. Threw Ting a quick surprise birthday celebration on fri followed by CG lunch at Menichi (prolly the only thing I'll miss about KTPH postings) our all time fav ramen place! We got her an alcoholic chocolate cake HAHA cos yeaaah homegurl's into booze and all that kinda stuff

Took a walk in the North with Jeriel down his memory lane later that evening, then spent some much needed quality time together after dinner just sitting, talking and laughing. Realized how much I missed this, and remembered all the reasons and things that brought us here :) Not that I've really forgotten them, it's just that with school and long lectures these things inevitably end up taking a backseat when there's barely any time to even breathe... Really, really haven't felt this happy in a while :)))) These lovely fridays will only get rarer, but thank God for them :)

6 more days to playhouse! Reminds me of our charity play 3 years ago, when we were still fresh-faced M1s thinking med school was a whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew #disneylyrics #incaseyoudidntknow before we started to slowly lose that wide-eyed wonder to chronic fatigue and stress :( Hehe joined playhouse for the first time this year to support dear weish our imba scriptwriter (seriously the plot is amazeballs) and as a final attempt at boosting my lamentable portfolio :P This will prolly be my last play thingy in med school, cos ain't nobody got time for dat in M5 as the ultimate catastrophe called MBBS draws near. So yup I'm hoping this will be something memorable that I can look back on fondly with zero regrets a few years down the road :) (when I'm all zonked out in the middle of a night call or getting crushed by mountains and mountains of discharge summaries as a house officer, aka the lowest life form at the very bottom of the hospital food chain) Hoping we don't screw up, not so much for our office scene but more for stomp, because everything needs to come together perfectly otherwise it'll just be a huge noisy mess and the audience wouldn't wanna groove along. Kinda nervous about curtain call too, we haven't really practiced it... 3 more pracs before showtime!

Oh and, ILAO ILAO IS HERE AT KENTRIDGE :D wanted to buy it yesterday since I was back in school (on a Saturday yes, sad me sad life) for Toxicology lecture, buuuut it started raining heavily and the LT got even more freezing (baseline on a normal day is already antarctica level, so with the raging thunderstorm outside it felt like I was fully submerged about 100000m deep in liquid nitrogen. Yup best way to put it) so I decided to save it for a warm sunny day instead, when I won't freeze into a popsicle. Which will hopefully be next thurs when I'm back in NUS!!!

:D

Lol I remember losing my voice on the very morning of our first performance of the M1 charity play. And freaking out completely, cos we had 3 shows in total and my part involved a short monologue... ended up having only 20% of my voice left for the last 2 shows :/ STAY STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM, don't let playhouse be a repeat of thisssss

It's been awhile, I hope you're doing fine

Labels: , , , ,

« back forward »