Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Unsung heroes 
Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 10:45 PM
Cui faces at the end of 12h shift. #alpha331

Ambulance attachment on monday was supremely uneventful (4+ hours of stoning at the fire station so I developed DVT, muscle disuse atrophy, lots of piles, butt sores/ulcers/abscesses and prolapses) except for 3 minor cases (vomiting, giddiness and fever) and the short periods of excitement when I met friends in diff hospitals (met Xinyan and Priya at CGH, then J arrived on his ambulance, then met Darren at TTSH). But I got to know the friendliest, nicest, and funniest bunch of paramedics/medics ever :))) Bonded with them so much over a short span of 12 hours and ahh I miss them!! Can't even describe how happy I was to see one of them at the ED yesterday morning hehe I waved SUPER excitedly

Kinda disappointed I didn't get to see super exciting cases that day, but I guess it was a good thing for the SG civilians hehe :P One day with SCDF is definitely not enough for me sigh wish we had longer attachments! It's really pretty fun being on the road and on a mission with a team. These paramedics/medics are the unsung heroes who provide first-line assistance to patients and I'd never truly appreciated them as much as I do now! Major props and kudos and respect :)

Hehe anyway, today was a relatively good and productive day in KTPH! Almost every single day of last week I felt super unmotivated and pretty much like a deflated balloon due to the aimlessness, unfriendly doctors and long hours, but today was... surprisingly GREAT. Got to sleep in for a bit because my shift started later than usual, had a fun (yes can't believe it either) and really useful OSSE tutorial, successfully set 2 plugs and got home before the sun set :D Wish everyday could be like this! Oh aaaaand... got to hug a squirrel whom I haven't hugged in 3 days hehe he conquered lots of things lately and is surrounded by sunshine and rainbows again :D

I realize I forgot to talk about ytd. Ytd was sigh, another long day of clinicals and after-hours ECG lecture (which ended past 10pm eeks. Pretty much zoned out from about 9pm on because I felt all my body functions shutting down and preparing to enter slow wave sleep phase). Not much else happened, was dead tired and maximally sian when I got home and my eyes were so bloodshot my cute concerned dad thought I cried/had a fight with J. Hehe then Skyped him! And went to bed at 1am. These Skype sessions are always worth staying up for because they make me so incredibly happy :))) HI JERIEL I KNOW YOU'LL READ THIS :)

TEEHEE meet my other little buddy!

On another note... tricky situations have come up yet again. I can't do/take this shit damn it :( It's not fun having to tank all the responsibilities and dilemmas and mental/emotional burden by myself. Esp when I already saw this coming ages ago and hence tried my best to prevent it... but yeah didn't work, but I guess I'm not surprised. But sigh I'll get through it I guess. Anyway there have been so many reasons to thank God recently, and I'm really overwhelmed with so much positive energy :) So I'll be strong! Many things have worked out, and this one will too. Eventually.

Labels: , , , , , ,

« back forward »