Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Deck the halls with boughs of holly 
Saturday, December 08, 2012, 9:23 PM
Hello jello yello, peeps! December hasn't been too action-packed apart from CA1, but I just want to say that holidays are hereeeeeee!

#gaydancegifsFTW

It's only about 3 weeks long and I'll probably be spending a huge portion of it studying for the upcoming CA2 (21st january zomg) and I'm not going overseas or travelling anywhere either, but ah well at least it's something :)

So anyway, last week of school was pretty great! Practiced for our KTPH public performance next week with Joce, Wesley, Paul and Davin and omg, I felt like I was back in choir again :)))) especially when Wesley and Davin started harmonizing with us! I was unbelievably rusty after so many years (only had 2 years of choir training in 2005 and 2006; that's literally donkey years ago) but yay I thought we did sound pretty good on the whole ^^ Thank God I had all their pro voices to mask my less pro one hee, but yep it was really really fun singing with them! Love all the christmas songs we'll be singing too :) Am uber uber excited for next tuesday! Come watch, whoever's reading! It's a lunchtime public performance at 12:30pm on tues somewhere in KTPH hee, then for the rest of the day we'll just be caroling around the wards with all the other med students. Definitely gonna get a bit of stage fright, but I absolutely LOVE SINGING so hopefully that'll block out everything else!! :) really really happy I signed up for christmas caroling, it was a last minute decision actually because I wasn't free until some stuffs got cancelled. So yay I love christmas caroling full stop :D

Thursday, one very silly but extremely sweet bear drove down to PGP at 4am for a surprise visit :) Omg I was SO shocked when he woke me from my deep slumber and said he was downstairs! To think he was on the road at 4am (4AM!!!!) driving from Yio Chu Kang all the way to NUS... omg that's absolutely insane >< but aww I really can't put into words how much all his surprise visits mean to me :) so thank you bear, you're one crazy, crazy bear indeed :) The bestest bear I can ever ask for :') (when he reads this he's bound to turn eosinophilic! HAHA #nerdymedjokes) 3 hours of impromptu badminton later in the day :) Didn't have proper sports shoes with me so I wore one of his extra ones! They looked ridiculously huge on me so LOL I stuffed plastic bags and tissue paper so they wouldn't fall off. And off we went in matching ginormous couple shoes :) Anyway they did fall off once -_- Slipped and fell backwards and ended up looking like an awkward overturned tortoise omg unglam to the max :( *facepalms* hee I'm still aching all over now (from badminton not from the fall, mind you) but hee badminton + bear = 2 of my favourite things = happy Bigfoot Joy :)

Friday (last day of school) was a long but fruitful day! Celebrated Ting's birthday at Just Acia after school :) Yay the last ASG member to turn 20! For the past 1.5 years she's always been our moral compass and also one of the nicest friends I've made in med school :) Aaaand she's going to be my CG mate for the next 3 years!! *happy dance* Don't think she'll ever read this, but yay happy birthday Ting! ^^ Anyway, Friday was supposed to be our weekly Frappe Friday but sigh, it just wasn't the same without Rach (lucky girl's living the high life in taiwan now) and Weish (in thailand on OCIP! Just flew off yesterday), our 2 tallest palm trees in ASG :( Ahh come back soon girls :( Alrighty let's just make do with a picture from one of our previous Frappe Fridays for now!


Met bear in Orchard for dinner at Tampopo after Ting's birthday celebration :) Christmas shopping at Taka and Wheelock after that! He had to get presents for his sister and brother and parents so I just followed him around window shopping and looking at random things hee :) Saw some pretty cool things like this strange machine that allows you to manually carbonate your drinks and turn plain water into sparkling water! Really interesting machine but the price was also very interesting, so hahaha. Walked so much my feet ached (okay partly because I wearing a bit of heels), but yay he managed to settle all of them in the end!  Got them nicely wrapped too :) Anyway the lights in Orchard are really pretty as always, I could feel Christmas in the air already! So yep, awesome last day of school was awesome ^^

OKAY abrupt end coming up once again, so in an attempt to make the abrupt end a lil less abrupt, here are some overdue pictures from after CA1 ^^


The lovely girls I fell in love with in med school ♥
Heehee twins with Rach for the day! ^^

And the super nice and fun future CG mates I spent a day at Mind's Cafe with!
Really looking forward to clinical years with all of you :)))

And this is for you, dear friend. If you read this somehow, I'm sorry I haven't been a good enough friend. But be strong, and get well soon. I know it's scary, but trust me, it's no less scary for me, or for anyone else who loves you, to see you in the state you're in now. It'll be a tough and long battle, but know that you won't be fighting it alone. I'm not sure how you're doing now, but I know you're in good hands. One day all your fears and worries will be gone, and you'll be you again :) So keep holding on okay?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

« back forward »