Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad 
Friday, December 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
Greetings! Hee second post this december! Seems like every december I deviate a little from my monthly blogging habit. But that's okay! It's the season of JOY so it's only understandable to see a bit more of my presence in the blogosphere ^^ HAHA #shameless

So the first week of holidays has been pretty awesome so far :)

Monday - KTPH caroling prac at SMU (a pretty random choice of location if you ask me lol)! There was a super cute kitten hanging around with us so hee naturally I went crazy petting it :D 

Itz so fluffy!!!! ^^

Practised until about 10pm, the female security guard came to chase us away once but gave in eventually hee :) So anyway we finalized quite a lot of parts of the public performance that day and it was generally a really fruitful practice session! It was also suaku Joy's first time at SMU heeheehee

Tuesday - KTPH Christmas Caroling day! Had the greatest greatest time caroling with my friends and juniors :D Al hough we sweated a lot and almost lost our voices and were pretty shagged at the end of it all. It was my first time at KTPH too and omg I was so overwhelmed by how beautiful it was compared to NUH, it looked more like a condo than a hospital! Take 10 pictures from any angle and 10 out of 10 of them will be scenic. I wouldn't mind working there next time :D

Anyway, sang until we were almost hoarse (or just me bleh, my voice dies really easily :/ probably has something to do with bad singing technique) but at least we brought some happiness to the patients there! Most of them looked sian and didn't smile much, but we know they enjoyed our singing because they told us so ^^ Can't blame them I guess... if I were in their shoes going through all the pain and sufferings they're going through I probably wouldn't be smiling either. Besides, no one likes spending Christmas in hospital :( But yep, at least we brought Christmas to the bedridden folks who aren't able to head down to Orchard Road to enjoy the beautiful lights and immerse themselves in the wonderful Christmas spirit. At least we brought them music and joy :) :) :)

The happy OG4 Christmas Caroling team! ^^ 
Minus Wesley uh oh where did he go

Thanks Seth...

...for secretly making my Santa hat stand all the time

One last group pic after we were finally done with caroling! :)

Forgot to take pics with the public performance gang :( I really like the M1s! Joy (Tan) and Davin :) We bonded quite a bit over the few practices we had in the past 2 weeks; they're both so friendly and nice hee hopefully we can carol together again next year :) Speaking of the public performance, we ended up getting all the medical students to join in and stand behind us as our backup choir when originally it was supposed to be just 6 of us, which was a great change! With more people everything sounded fuller and brighter :D Haha and it's quite amusing how we were singing and random people crowding around us watching started holding up their iphones and ipads to take videos :P

Early dinner with bear at Marche@Somerset (really really nice place with great food! ^^ Walked past it so many times before whenever we went to 313 but only decided to try it for the first time that day) :) Had minced beef crêpe (which was so delish!) while bear got himself a rösti. Happy bear hee he loves potato :) 

Minced beef crêpe! Forgot to take a picture of bear's food :(

Super heavy rain after dinner :/ at 6+ it felt like night time because the sky was so dark. Shared an umbrella and made our way from 313 to cineleisure to catch Alex Cross :) Ended our day relatively early because I had something on the following morning, but the movie was not bad!

Wednesday - Headed down to Mt. E in the morning with parents, came back in the afternoon, and spent the rest of the day trying to get some studying done because my books and notes and everything had been left open and untouched on my desk since the weekend thanks to my very happening monday and tuesday. Failed pretty badly and ended up playing Scramble a lot >< Figured I wasn't getting anywhere with studying, so started writing bear's Christmas card! :) Hee can't wait for Christmas :) 10 more days!!!! I guess it's partly because I can't wait to see the world NOT end haha

Thursday - Orientation at BVH for the Happy Apples befrienders project! Had quite a fun time :) not a lot of volunteers showed up but those who did are all good (and retarded but really entertaining) friends of mine :D Made friends with another M1 haha omg can't help feeling like a pedo whenever I say that T_T anyway it was a rather long briefing complete with videos/intros/photos of the hospital and a tour at the end. Learnt how to use a wheelchair properly too :) Quite excited to start befriending the patients!

 
Mervyn doing wheelchair demo :D
Haha he looks damn happy and excited omg!

Adorable adorable adorable kitten pics on the wall at BVH! ^^

Ended at 4+, stayed back to talk to Shawn for a bit to find out more about the project and continued discussing on the shuttle bus all the way to Serangoon MRT. Parted ways at the station because he was rushing for another meeting and I made a rather impromptu decision to stop by Nex to hunt for stuffs ^^ 

Bought bear's Christmas present!!!! YAY #happy :D Calling it X so I don't ruin the surprise in case he reads this anytime soon, although I'm not sure if he's already be expecting it since it's kinda... expected or guessable, maybe, that I'd get that for him! So yup, went to the X section at Isetan and omg I'd never shopped for X before so I was quite lost. All of them look the same seriously and they were staring back at me and mocking my lack of experience :/ Finally narrowed down my options to 2 Xs, then took another eternity trying to decide which one to get >< Smsed bear asking lots of cryptic questions hoping to find out more about his preference without giving the game away, but didn't get much out of him in the end because he said I rarely make decisions so must decide for him this time :( Sad indecisive Joy had the most torturous time there trying to decide between the 2 Xs, thankfully the saleswoman was really really nice and patient! Finally, FINALLY decided on one, paid, got it wrapped and yay Christmas gift settled! :) Now all that's left is his card, which I haven't finished writing hee

Today/Friday - Heading out to meet bear in the afternoon and hopefully there are still seats and tickets available for The Hobbit! :) Meanwhile I'm going to try my hardest to make my morning a productive one, so... time to webcast!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

« back forward »