Carried away by a moonlight shadow
Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 2:22 PM
Bear reminded me to update my blog (he does it every month hee so cute) so HERE I AM! :) But before I begin on my post-CA1-slash-post-china-trip post (somehow the 2 "posts" look kinda awkward), I just want to say that Carly Rose Sonenclar's rendition of Karmin's Brokenhearted is simply... mind blowing. I felt the chills when I heard her sang it and can you believe she's only 13?! She's only 13 and she sings better than any of the judges on X Factor USA. Listen to it! She does NOT sound 13 at all with that amazing control of her voice and every single note was a perfect hit! ADsdjfhkdfsjkhdkfjshd!
Went to look for the original song by Karmin on youtube after hearing Carly's version but omg, Carly really set the bar too damn high with her softer and slower version and she took the song to levels even the original singer didn't manage to. Don't bother youtubing the original song if you're a fan of Carly's style haha, Karmin's version is just really pop-ish and nothing too special. REALLY want Carly to win the X Factor!!!!! Second favourite's Beatrice hee she's so cute :) Her vocals aren't as strong/steady as Carly's, but she's really good too and has this... genuine thing about her that just makes people love her :) Okay hee enough about my X Factor craze!
Okay now, CA1! It was... D: Haha I don't think I've ever felt :D after any of my papers but yeah, I guess after every exam I have a better idea of how I should study for the next one so hopefully there will be more improvements as I go along :) There were things I thought I did better than all previous exams too, like time management during my revision! And discipline i.e. not getting too distracted too much. But of course there were many other things I could've done much better, like there were some bits I could've put more focus on or spent more time memorizing because those questions were really easy marks if I'd just MEMORIZED certain things, some topics I should've prioritized differently etc. And now we're no longer in the pass/fail system so there'll be actual grades! It'd be depressing if I got a low pass compared to the rest of my friends, but ah well, I'll do better next time now that I've a better idea of how to go about studying for med school exams :) Just realized that final exams are in MARCH and that's really, really soon, but no matter! I'll continue working real hard :)
The same day CA1 ended we had to catch a midnight flight back to China to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday on Saturday :) I felt like shit that day because I was so tired after a whole day of exams from 9:30am to 6pm and didn't even get much proper rest before having to rush all the way back to China. Didn't sleep well on the plane and was literally walking around looking like the cui-est zombie ever (I was going to write "cui-est zombie alive" but then I figured that wouldn't make any sense LOL). 3 hours of transit in Hong Kong! Free wifi at the airport (HAPPY ME), so talked to bear on Viber (at like 4/5am hahaha zomg) for awhile and felt much better :) :) Didn't sleep well on the flight to China again after that, and when we finally checked in at the hotel we were suddenly greeted by a whole horde of relatives OMGGGGG I wanted to die right on the spot or at least wear a paper bag over my head or something zzzzzzzzz trust me I was in no state to see anyone then; my hair was messy as hell and my complexion was a disaster after the exams and the flight and I was in my geeky specs. It's one state you'd NEVER want to be seen in, especially by relatives you haven't met for 2 years. Meeting 29405849534 relatives looking like shit was seriously one of the WORST things that could ever happen :( and it did, so. Thank God it was only for 20 minutes (which felt like an eternity really) before we quickly ran back into our rooms to hide/shower/sleep! Birthday dinner that night was much better after we managed to catch up on some sleep and freshened up :)
She took care of me since I was really young all the way until about Sec 1, after which she moved back to China. She's one really remarkable ahma :') My grandfather passed away before I was born and she hasn't had his company for almost 30 years. 2 years ago she was on the brink of a breakdown and it was something that caught all of us by surprise, but I'm more thankful than ever now that she's managed to find the strength from within to carry on and come out of the miserable phase. STRONG AHMA :) She now knows that she's the most blessed ahma in the world with successful kids and guai grandchildren (like myself! HEE *beams*) :) I really miss her sometimes so I was so happy to see her again, and even happier to see that she's looking more rosy and cheerful than ever :'))) Despite being 80 already she still has an unmistakable glow on her face and a near perfect set of teeth!!! I love you grandma :) Some ahmas started crying on the last day when they were sending us off so I started crying too omg and couldn't stop crying on the cab until I was already more than halfway to the airport :( I guess goodbyes are always scary for them... they don't know when or if they'll ever get to see us again, especially when we're miles and miles away 99% of the time and barely have time to visit them in China. Sigh :( Anyway, we got her an iPad filled with lots and lots of pictures from the past and present so she can look at them and reminisce when she's bored :) Downloaded some mahjong games for her too HAHA. Awww really really hope we'll be celebrating her 90th birthday together 10 years on! :D (Omg I'd be 30 LOL that's... mature)
The rest of my weekend in China was spent catching up with some of my dad's old classmates and visiting my maternal grandparents :) Monday morning we woke up real early to catch our flight to hong kong then back to Singapore! Woke up feeling like shit hahaha, felt super sleepy and didn't have much appetite for breakfast. On the coach to the airport I felt my stomach doing somersaults and started feeling slightly uncomfortable. Got to the airport and felt even worse at the check-in counter and sort of wanted to go to the toilet because I felt a diarrhea coming. Halfway to the toilet a sudden bout of dizziness hit me and I felt like fainting so I had to sit down on a bench right outside the toilet, but what ensued was a TON of vomiting on the floor omgggg it was bad enough that I vomited, but 1000x worse when I had to do it in front of everyone else in the airport :/ Think I puked out even my lunch from the previous day. Felt terrible afterwards and still had diarrhea anyway :/ No appetite for the rest of the day, didn't eat nor sleep much on the flight back and ended up having a fever all the way until last night. Took panadol and was supposed to sleep early, but ended up talking to bear on the phone for 2 hours hee! I guess that helped a bit in chasing the fever away :)))))) Still having diarrhea today and appetite hasn't returned completely, but at least the fever's subsided. Thank God for Deepavali holiday today, really really lack ample rest :( But ahhh back to school tomorrow!!! Missed a day of school yesterday so must webcast later :(
Okay that's all from me today! Gonna end the post with a picture from Halloween Horrors @ USS :) I didn't blog about it right after because I didn't have time, but it was good! The passageways were really narrow and at certain parts I got quite claustrophobic but USS did do a great job with the decorations :) and the haunted houses weren't any less scary than Spooktacular's last year! Great night out with bear as usual ^^
Went to look for the original song by Karmin on youtube after hearing Carly's version but omg, Carly really set the bar too damn high with her softer and slower version and she took the song to levels even the original singer didn't manage to. Don't bother youtubing the original song if you're a fan of Carly's style haha, Karmin's version is just really pop-ish and nothing too special. REALLY want Carly to win the X Factor!!!!! Second favourite's Beatrice hee she's so cute :) Her vocals aren't as strong/steady as Carly's, but she's really good too and has this... genuine thing about her that just makes people love her :) Okay hee enough about my X Factor craze!
Okay now, CA1! It was... D: Haha I don't think I've ever felt :D after any of my papers but yeah, I guess after every exam I have a better idea of how I should study for the next one so hopefully there will be more improvements as I go along :) There were things I thought I did better than all previous exams too, like time management during my revision! And discipline i.e. not getting too distracted too much. But of course there were many other things I could've done much better, like there were some bits I could've put more focus on or spent more time memorizing because those questions were really easy marks if I'd just MEMORIZED certain things, some topics I should've prioritized differently etc. And now we're no longer in the pass/fail system so there'll be actual grades! It'd be depressing if I got a low pass compared to the rest of my friends, but ah well, I'll do better next time now that I've a better idea of how to go about studying for med school exams :) Just realized that final exams are in MARCH and that's really, really soon, but no matter! I'll continue working real hard :)
The same day CA1 ended we had to catch a midnight flight back to China to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday on Saturday :) I felt like shit that day because I was so tired after a whole day of exams from 9:30am to 6pm and didn't even get much proper rest before having to rush all the way back to China. Didn't sleep well on the plane and was literally walking around looking like the cui-est zombie ever (I was going to write "cui-est zombie alive" but then I figured that wouldn't make any sense LOL). 3 hours of transit in Hong Kong! Free wifi at the airport (HAPPY ME), so talked to bear on Viber (at like 4/5am hahaha zomg) for awhile and felt much better :) :) Didn't sleep well on the flight to China again after that, and when we finally checked in at the hotel we were suddenly greeted by a whole horde of relatives OMGGGGG I wanted to die right on the spot or at least wear a paper bag over my head or something zzzzzzzzz trust me I was in no state to see anyone then; my hair was messy as hell and my complexion was a disaster after the exams and the flight and I was in my geeky specs. It's one state you'd NEVER want to be seen in, especially by relatives you haven't met for 2 years. Meeting 29405849534 relatives looking like shit was seriously one of the WORST things that could ever happen :( and it did, so. Thank God it was only for 20 minutes (which felt like an eternity really) before we quickly ran back into our rooms to hide/shower/sleep! Birthday dinner that night was much better after we managed to catch up on some sleep and freshened up :)
Lots of relatives at the birthday dinner!
Cute grandma onstage with sexy host LOL
OMG THE CUTEST BABY ALIVEEEEE!!!!! :D Cheeeeeeeks heehee *nomz* ♥ ♥
(HAHA my mom's mouth on the top left, think she wanted to eat him too :P)
Happy 80th Birthday, my favouritest grandma Lin! :))) ♥
The rest of my weekend in China was spent catching up with some of my dad's old classmates and visiting my maternal grandparents :) Monday morning we woke up real early to catch our flight to hong kong then back to Singapore! Woke up feeling like shit hahaha, felt super sleepy and didn't have much appetite for breakfast. On the coach to the airport I felt my stomach doing somersaults and started feeling slightly uncomfortable. Got to the airport and felt even worse at the check-in counter and sort of wanted to go to the toilet because I felt a diarrhea coming. Halfway to the toilet a sudden bout of dizziness hit me and I felt like fainting so I had to sit down on a bench right outside the toilet, but what ensued was a TON of vomiting on the floor omgggg it was bad enough that I vomited, but 1000x worse when I had to do it in front of everyone else in the airport :/ Think I puked out even my lunch from the previous day. Felt terrible afterwards and still had diarrhea anyway :/ No appetite for the rest of the day, didn't eat nor sleep much on the flight back and ended up having a fever all the way until last night. Took panadol and was supposed to sleep early, but ended up talking to bear on the phone for 2 hours hee! I guess that helped a bit in chasing the fever away :)))))) Still having diarrhea today and appetite hasn't returned completely, but at least the fever's subsided. Thank God for Deepavali holiday today, really really lack ample rest :( But ahhh back to school tomorrow!!! Missed a day of school yesterday so must webcast later :(
Okay that's all from me today! Gonna end the post with a picture from Halloween Horrors @ USS :) I didn't blog about it right after because I didn't have time, but it was good! The passageways were really narrow and at certain parts I got quite claustrophobic but USS did do a great job with the decorations :) and the haunted houses weren't any less scary than Spooktacular's last year! Great night out with bear as usual ^^
^^ ♥
P.S. Oh and, left eyelid has been twitching since 2 days ago... Bad sign? :/ According to the Chinese superstition left eyelid twitch is a good sign for males but inauspicious for females. Wai liddat :( And the best part is, apparently the vomiting + diarrhea + fever (which I thought were bad enough already) had nothing to do with it, because it's still twitching away. So the worst is yet to come >< Brace yourself Joy! *puts on armour and waves shield around*
Labels: bear, birthday girl, china, moozic, SICK
Joy ♥