You will see it in my eyes
Monday, June 04, 2012, 4:26 PM
Joy will be flying off to Las Vegas tomorrow morning! Byebye. But sigh it's gonna be a LONG flight :( 7hrs 5 mins from Singapore to Tokyo, 2 hours of waiting, 10hrs 15mins from Tokyo to Los Angeles, and finally 1hr 10mins from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. LOL I can imagine tweeting something like "Waking up in Vegas for holiday, but flight too long #firstworldpains"
But I'm super eggcited! Will be visiting the Grand Canyon and going to see David Copperfield's magic show live too!!! :D Spent about $350+ on the tickets but… like they always say, #YOLO HAHA. And $350 to see David Copperfield, THE David Copperfield live is so worth it. No regrets! And the Grand Canyon is somewhere I've always wanted to visit since I was a bubbly primary school kid haha. Actually I first saw it in Britney Spears' "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" music video (don't judge okay. And besides, it's a nice song that was released before she went into rehab and before she started making all the dance-pop music that I don't really like too much) back in the 90s, and I've been wanting to go there ever since :) Okay for the benefit of non-Britney fans, here's the video!
But I'm super eggcited! Will be visiting the Grand Canyon and going to see David Copperfield's magic show live too!!! :D Spent about $350+ on the tickets but… like they always say, #YOLO HAHA. And $350 to see David Copperfield, THE David Copperfield live is so worth it. No regrets! And the Grand Canyon is somewhere I've always wanted to visit since I was a bubbly primary school kid haha. Actually I first saw it in Britney Spears' "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" music video (don't judge okay. And besides, it's a nice song that was released before she went into rehab and before she started making all the dance-pop music that I don't really like too much) back in the 90s, and I've been wanting to go there ever since :) Okay for the benefit of non-Britney fans, here's the video!
I'M NOT A GIRL, NOT YET A WOMAN - BRITNEY SPEARS ♫
I used to think
I had the answers to everything,
But now I know
Life doesn't always go my way, yeah...
Feels like I'm caught in the middle
That's when I realize...
[Chorus:]
I'm not a girl,
Not yet a woman.
All I need is time,
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.
[Verse 2]
I'm not a girl,
There is no need to protect me.
It's time that I
Learn to face up to this on my own.
I've seen so much more than you know now,
So don't tell me to shut my eyes.
[Chorus]
I'm not a girl,
But if you look at me closely,
You will see it in my eyes.
This girl will always find
Her way.
I'm not a girl
(I'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe).
Not Yet a woman
(I'm just trying to find the woman in me, yeah).
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine (That is mine),
While I'm in between.
I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman (not now)
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.
I'm not a girl,
Not yet a woman.
~
Seeee nice song right :)
Anyway, I realize I haven't blogged in an eternity once again. Post-pros life has been good thus far! Apart from worrying my head off about my results (they come out on 8 June, which pissed many of us off because they'd told us 28 May -_- apparently we don't get our results with the rest of the NUS population and it's been like this for years bush) I've been meeting up with ASG (brought joce and yan along for badminton with bear and his friends, it was mighty fun hee! There was ASG food trail last thursday too yumyum :) full ASG attendance yay), going out with bear (watched MIB3, brought him to BRMC for service, watched a horror film starring Daniel Radcliffe with his mom at his place omg it gave me multiple heart attacks, went for WP's final rally together, window-shopped around town, etc), spending time with parents, learning how to cook from mommy (still very very noob at this haha more intensive lessons coming up after Vegas trip), reading, watching House and Game of Thrones (omg it's really a combination of fantasy and porn like what dododing has described. But it's so good!), researching on Las Vegas, SHOPPING, etc :) Oh and sleeping a lot too :D
Anyway, I realize I haven't blogged in an eternity once again. Post-pros life has been good thus far! Apart from worrying my head off about my results (they come out on 8 June, which pissed many of us off because they'd told us 28 May -_- apparently we don't get our results with the rest of the NUS population and it's been like this for years bush) I've been meeting up with ASG (brought joce and yan along for badminton with bear and his friends, it was mighty fun hee! There was ASG food trail last thursday too yumyum :) full ASG attendance yay), going out with bear (watched MIB3, brought him to BRMC for service, watched a horror film starring Daniel Radcliffe with his mom at his place omg it gave me multiple heart attacks, went for WP's final rally together, window-shopped around town, etc), spending time with parents, learning how to cook from mommy (still very very noob at this haha more intensive lessons coming up after Vegas trip), reading, watching House and Game of Thrones (omg it's really a combination of fantasy and porn like what dododing has described. But it's so good!), researching on Las Vegas, SHOPPING, etc :) Oh and sleeping a lot too :D
So yup, these days have been pretty happy days for me! …apart from yesterday morning when I got a little :( and >:( but the rest of the day with bear put a smile back on my face as usual :) Wanted to watch Snowman and the Huntsman but seats were selling so fast all over Singapore so we didn't manage to find a good timing because I had to get home by 7 for dinner :( Ended up just walking around Lot 1 and looking at random things… random things that fascinated bear a lot, which I found fascinating haha! Mega like window-shopping with bear :D Oh we bought iphone ear caps hee, now a polar bear sits on my phone and a duck sits on his :)
Back to the present! Today's been a kinda slow day so far, didn't do much all morning other than pack some stuff for the trip. Now the afternoon heat is giving me dizzy spells. Suddenly feeling really apprehensive about finding out my results on 8 June :/ I know I'll be doing it from the Grand Canyon, so… convenient location for suicide LOL! Kidding :) But yes I AM really worried. But it's okay I guess, supps will be from 11-13 July, so after I return from Vegas I'll have about a month or so or slightly less (bleaurgh) to prepare for them. Might as well enjoy life as much as I can now :D
OKAY! Ending off the post with selected photos of the ASG food trail from Vidhya's fb :D (because I haven't posted a photo-filled entry in awhile) and kudos to Weish for editing the last 2 photos until so NAISE! ^^
味香園 Mei Heong Yuen @ Chinatown! Yummy dessert :D I had yam paste!
Adela left already :(
Adela left already :(
ASG at Maxwell Food Centre! Rach wasn't there yet :(
See the remains of the Tiantian and non-Tiantian chicken rice we had :)
Happy colours for a happy ASG :)
Will post again after my trip if I don't feel too lazy :) Back on the 13th hee, goodbye until then I guess!
Joy ♥



