Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
End of Year 1 :) 
Saturday, May 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
PROS ARE FINALLY OVER! :D REJOICE heehee just got off the phone with yan :) talked to her for pretty long tonight about so many things! And frankly that was the first time in quite a long while that we actually talked about non-academic stuff over the phone. It's funny how we saw each other in school everyday and kept in touch ever so often especially during exams period, but barely chatted much about stuff that was going on in each other's lives in general because of all the studying and… chaos. Had a really great time catching up with her today! :)

Anyway, I'm not really getting the post-pros "YAYYYYY" feeling yet, but I'm so glad I can throw all my notes aside and waste my life away without feeling guilty now :) Speaking of pros, it was… hmm, well paper 1 was bad for most of us. First there was a respiratory physio question with 3 super repetitive subquestions, then there was this shocker on the anatomy and histology of the prostate gland, which… people like me do not have. (LOL sorry captain obvious just had to point that out ^^) Paper 2 and 3 were definitely less evil, but I really could've done better :( 2 days of pseudo freedom, then one last paper called spots! (OSPE actually, stands for something I can't be bothered to find out HAHA) Head & Neck was hard :/ but ah well it's over now!!! :) Honestly I don't feel particularly confident and I'm genuinely worried that I might have to take supps (aka re-exams) in July, but I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for a borderline pass (as you can see from my posts, that's always the bare minimum that I pray extra hard for after every CA and so far I've been lucky enough to keep my failure record clean! I'm positive I scraped every single pass I got because I know for a fact that I didn't do fantastically for any of them. I really came out of the exam hall after every CA feeling like I'd fail big time) until results are released in about 10 days eek :(

Celebrated pseudo freedom on monday by lunching with ASG at Hwang's at Utown, taking a short afternoon nap (scumbag brain refused to let me sleep beyond 1 hour when I'd planned to zzz for at least 2 hours rawr!) to repay my sleep debt, and going out to meet bear for dinner and AVENGERS!!! :) omg the movie was really good. I think everyone's favorite avenger is iron man now so I guess it's obvious enough who mine is :D Celebrated THE ultimate freedom on thursday by lunching with OG4 at Pepper Lunch at Isetan, and meeting bear for dinner at Somerset and window-shopping together around Orchard afterwards :) Second day of freedom today! Slept in (kinda), yan visited for awhile, met bear for lunch and shopped at ion for awhile before he had to go :( Continued shopping after he left and got stuff from Cache Cache and River Island (SALE yay bought a pair of flats), including a black dress that bear picked out and said looked nice on me before he left! Teehee can wear for clinicals next year :D Wandered around F21 and Espirit without finding anything I particularly liked and regretted not going to the Vivo branch instead. They always have nicer stuff there :(

Felt a huge wave of emo-ness as I was walking back to PGP from Kent Ridge station today. That was probably the last time I'll ever be walking that familiar route back to PGP, and probably the last time I'll ever be walking back to PGP too, because today marks the last official day of my one-year stay in PGP and I'll be moving home tomorrow morning :( while I'm happy to be home again I just can't help but feel like I'm about to leave a huge part of the first year of my uni life behind. Most people who stayed in halls/residences wouldn't be able to fathom why I like it here so much and how I actually formed an attachment with this place; a lot of them went home every chance they got because they'd felt too lonely. I did too sometimes, but that's really nothing compared to all the wonderful memories and great times I had here over the past 10 months of my stay :) There are too many reasons why leaving PGP makes me extremely emo. It was a huge part of my first year in med school/uni. It was also a huge part of our first year :) Staying in PGP made me feel like I was truly in university; the independence, the freedom, the experiences, etc. I think I really lived uni life to the fullest over the short span of one year, and I'm glad I did because I had a really really great year :) But that just makes me all the more sad to say goodbye :( PGP life is really one of the main things that made this year a very fun-filled and memorable one; there's too much that I'm going to miss, most if not all of them have to do with bear haha :') And after all I'd stayed here through my happiest and saddest days in Year 1. Sigh, chances are I won't be back again in Year 2... I did apply, but I don't know if I'll get a room. Even if I did get one, whether my parents would let me stay another year away from home is another story altogether :(

SIGH this is supposed to be a happy post on liberation, but I just feel so emo suddenly :( Went downstairs to buy green bubble milk tea for the last time just now and ended up wandering around the grounds of PGP as I sipped my bubble tea. A pity I took the walk alone, but something told me I should make the most out of my last night here as a resident anyway :) There wasn't much to see when the entire place was only dimly lit with hardly any human activity outside of the canteen since most of the residents have already checked out by now, but I took my time walking back to my room all the same so I could take in everything around me and replay some memories in my head :) Emo-ed for a bit knowing that all these events I remember so fondly would probably never happen again in the near future, but oh well, I'm happy I chose to stay here this year :) Life will certainly be different in more ways than one and I really can't bear to leave, but I suppose it is time to move back home. After all I do owe my parents a substantial portion of my time and attention; I'd been away from home for the most part of this one year and been so busy with everything :( OKAY! No more emo-ness (I hope) :) hee, most of you would find my attachment with PGP bizarre, but I guess you'd have to walk a mile in my shoes to fully understand :) Howells, just had to get all of that off my chest! The amount of sadness that'd been accumulating within me since bear left with his mom this afternoon just quadrupled when I was hit with the sudden realization that I'll be leaving tomorrow as I was walking back, so I just HAD to write a super long post on it, and I'm feeling better now >< PGP life will always be a fond memory in a corner of my mind I guess :) it's kinda awesome actually, having so many things to look back on every now and then. 

Okeydokes enough about that before I bore you even further with my mundane life and emo nemo rants hee. 3 months of vacation! Sounds too good to be true haha still wondering what I'm going to do with the overwhelming freedom (yes it's overwhelming okay! In a way) and how I'm going to pass time when I'm at home and not out and about with friends/bear/parents/no one. Maybe I'll end up becoming a blob of… joy or a blob of whatever that will slowly amalgamate with the sofa in the living room as I sit there all day watching TV/snacking/slacking and becoming an ultimate couch potato. Sounds good! :D ahhh maybe I'll draw up a list of what I plan to busy myself with :) I should really enjoy my breaks as much as I can now before they start to significantly decrease in length, and in frequency too perhaps, with every subsequent year as we slowly trudge our way up the uphill road called medical school. Yes it's an arduous hike; no one said med school would be easy, and frankly this year was much more stressful than I'd expected. But I'm not regretting (yet), and I still do believe that what we do in the future as doctors will be highly rewarding (not in fiscal terms) when we finally make it there a few more years down the road :) Hee if I passed my pros I'd have managed to cover a fifth of my entire med school journey! #milestone ^^ So… fingers crossed! But if I really have to take supps then… bo pian :'(((((((( 

Maybe I'll post more frequently over the break too instead of doing the usual monthly thing, but that depends on how exciting the next 3 months of my life are going to be. Not incredibly exciting, I foresee haha! Kay I better stop here (not like most of you actually bothered reading up to this point HAHA ah I love how I always assume I'm actually addressing an audience/some readers that are probably... non-existent) hee, toodles! :D

p.s. Oh no I rambled too much (btw, 666th post!!! Fav number times three heehee) this is so wordy :( I've this bad habit of having writer's diarrhea sometimes when I blog, even if it's about the most trivial and meaningless things in life! I'll probably be a very lorsor mother/grandmother next time HEE

Labels: , , ,

« back forward »