Waking up in Vegas
Thursday, June 14, 2012, 8:37 PM
HI WORLD I'M BACK FROM VEGAS :D
Touched down at 3am yesterday, wanted to blog but procrastinated until, well, now! Went out with bear (felt like I hadn't seen him in an eternity) first thing last night, watched Prometheus and had a late dinner :) Passed him his souvenirs! Lucky bear got 2 souvenirs from me while all the other friends I'd bought souvenirs for are only going to get one hee. Anyway, Prometheus was a pretty freaky movie haha and luckily we watched it before dinner, because otherwise all the food would've probably started travelling up my GIT. It was quite an interesting movie but it was a tad too... graphic for me >< okay maybe that's because I don't usually watch sci-fi horror movies, or horror movies in general really, but overall it wasn't a bad movie at all so you should catch it too :D
And now, my trip to Sin City! It was so awesome I have no clue where/how to begin :D The plane rides were awfully long though, 6 hours to Tokyo, 9 hours from there to LA, and 1 hour from LA to Las Vegas :( Slept 90% of my journey there and was awake 90% of my journey back, so I spammed a whole bunch of movies and even watched a documentary on time travelling LOL which was pretty cool really, but I just ended up getting more and more confuzzled haha! No DVT thankfully hee I remembered to plantarflex and dorsiflex my feet wherever and whenever I could, like Prof Kaur reminded us to!
Anyway, we visited the Grand Canyon (yay that's one thing I can strike off my bucket list now), both South Rim and West Rim, explored The Strip (Orchard Road compared to The Strip in Vegas is like some dead man's town seriously, we're talking about a city that literally never sleeps), did quite a bit of shopping at the the Las Vegas North Premium Outlets (didn't get to check out a lot of shops because it was SO HOT walking about outside, so we ended up getting tons of stuff from Charlotte Russe and Ann Taylor! They were having summer sales anyway so that went pretty well :D :D), saw David Copperfield's (yes that man's still alive and kicking *cues gasp from audience* unlike what some or most of you may think! It's really amusing how the first thing eeeveryone, and I do mean EVERYone, says when I tell them I'm going to/went to see David Copperfield's magic show is "Oh you mean he's still alive?!?!" ._. yessir! He's only 56, about a year older than my dad and definitely not old enough to be a fossil ._. my friends, imagine how hurt David must feel *waggles finger* he is and has always been alive :/) live magic show, spent an afternoon at a ranch on the West Rim of the Grand Canyon and played cowboy games (hatchet throwing, lassoing, and archery omg super fun), etc! Just uploaded some (not all because that'd be crazy and it'd probably crash my laptop) pictures onto Facebook but I'll select a few from there to make this post a bit more colourful ^^
South Rim :)
South Rim
:)
Sunset! With 3 planes, not 3 shooting stars, sadly :)
West Rim
West Rim! Awww :)
West Rim Skywalk!
Ranch@West Rim
Dat ass
Heehee daddy so cute
GIANT ELMO ^^
Photo-ception
Waiting for the show to begin! Meh I look tired :/
Ah I simply musttt make a special paragraph just for David Copperfield omg you've GOT to see him live at least once in this lifetime, it was so worth it and it blew my mind completely! Contrary to popular beliefs there IS actually a huge difference between watching such magic shows live and watching them through a TV screen; watching live just takes your breath away sooo much more! David made an entrance by literally appearing, out of like practically thin air, riding on a freaking Harley Davidson, and he performed some small magic tricks among more mindblowing ones like making a car appear out of nowhere on the stage and making 13 people from the audience disappear all at once and appearing at the opposite end of the theatre within, what, 5 seconds? There are simply no words to describe how amazing that night's show was! He was really funny and entertaining too haha :) But it was obvious from his eyes and the fine lines running across his face that he's aged quite a bit. No longer the young and youthful Copperfield, but still the same incredible illusionist :) Oh the 13 audience members who "disappeared" got a debrief after the show by David himself, and apparently he told them how the whole thing worked and they were all sworn to secrecy. I tried to do a bit of research online but couldn't find anything useful, so I guess their lips are all sealed up tight haha! Okay la, magical ethics. But yup, respect ++++++++
Okey! Some facts about Sin City (from tour guides and Google) that most of you probably don't know:
- It's in the middle of the Mojave desert, which explains all the cacti lining the roads among other non-naturally occurring trees
- Mojave is pronounced Mo-hah-vee
- Rains only 3 or 4 days per year (yearly rainfall = 4 inches on average)
- There are 96 car accidents per hour and I'm not even kidding. So you really hear police and ambulance sirens a LOT in one day
- There are over 170,000 slot machines, starting from the airport arrival hall
- While it's commonly called Sin City, there are in fact more churches than there are casinos
- The Strip is 4 miles long, and it's a half an hour drive from one end to the other because there's a traffic light every freaking second
OH AND, OUR EXAM RESULTS CAME OUT ON 6 JUNE.
*drumrolls* I PASSED!
Heehee P is officially the most beautiful letter in the alphabet :') I was totally jumping around the hotel room in Vegas and felt like I was on cloud 9, because I'd been so worried and really thought I was going to fail, so my fingers were trembling so bad as I logged into myisis on my iphone. But thank God, I'm now officially an M2! And ASG got promoted together, yay girls! :D Hee I was super overjoyed (still am!), it was sort of like the feeling I got after I received my medicine offer from NUS last year. So that's another year closer to my MBBS, another year closer to becoming Dr Joy! God's grace :) 1 year down, and 4 more to go!
*drumrolls* I PASSED!
*HAPPYDANCE!*
Heehee P is officially the most beautiful letter in the alphabet :') I was totally jumping around the hotel room in Vegas and felt like I was on cloud 9, because I'd been so worried and really thought I was going to fail, so my fingers were trembling so bad as I logged into myisis on my iphone. But thank God, I'm now officially an M2! And ASG got promoted together, yay girls! :D Hee I was super overjoyed (still am!), it was sort of like the feeling I got after I received my medicine offer from NUS last year. So that's another year closer to my MBBS, another year closer to becoming Dr Joy! God's grace :) 1 year down, and 4 more to go!
Btw I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but I got the PGP accommodation offer (Type A air-conditioned room) for next year again so I'm going back there to stay after all! :D But this will truly be my last year of PGP life, because come Year 3 everyone will be having hospital postings all over the island so there isn't really a point in staying in NUS anymore. But yup, I'm really happy to have another year in PGP :)
Ooookay I'm going to end this post right here right now because I've nothing else to say.
P.S. BEEF IS ON HER WAY BACK TO THE MOTHERLAND :D *eggcitez*
Joy ♥








