Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
I'd trade my soul for a wish, pennies and dimes for a kiss 
Sunday, April 22, 2012, 4:07 PM
New moozic every month! Teehee


PAYPHONE - MAROON 5 (FEAT. WIZ KHALIFA)

I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone, baby it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember,
The people we used to be
It's even harder to picture,
That you're not here next to me.

You say it's too late to make it,
But is it too late to try?
And in our time that you wasted
All of our bridges burned down

I've wasted my nights,
You turned out the lights
Now I'm paralyzed,
Still stuck in that time,
When we called it love,
But even the sun sets in paradise

I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone, baby it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

If happy ever after did exist,
I would still be holding you like this
All those fairy tales are full of shit
One more fucking love song, I'll be sick

Oh, you turned your back on tomorrow
'Cause you forgot yesterday.
I gave you my love to borrow,
But you just gave it away.

You can't expect me to be fine,
I don't expect you to care
I know I've said it before,
But all of our bridges burned down

I've wasted my nights,
You turned out the lights
Now I'm paralyzed,
Still stuck in that time,
When we called it love,
But even the sun sets in paradise

I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone, baby it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

If happy ever after did exist,
I would still be holding you like this
All those fairy tales are full of shit
One more fucking love song, I'll be sick

Now I'm at a payphone

[Wiz Khalifa]
Man, fuck that shit
I'll be out spending all this money
While you're sitting round wondering
Why it wasn't you who came up from nothing,
Made it from the bottom
Now when you see me I'm stunning,
And all of my cars start with a push of a button

Telling me the chances I blew up
Or whatever you call it,
Switch the number to my phone
So you never could call it,
Don't need my name on my show,
You can tell it I'm ballin.

Swish, what a shame could have got picked
Had a really good game but you missed your last shot
So you talk about who you see at the top
Or what you could have saw but sad to say it's over for.
Phantom pulled up valet open doors
Wiz like go away, got what you was looking for
Now it's me who they want, so you can go and take
that little piece of shit with you.

I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone, baby it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

If happy ever after did exist,
I would still be holding you like this
All those fairy tales are full of shit
One more fucking love song, I'll be sick

Now I'm at a payphone.
Hello my lovely non-existent blog readers, here's a post so you know I'm still alive! Hee first things first, Maroon 5 released their new single yay :D I'm sorry I struck out Wiz Khalifa's name and his entire rap up there. I mean no disrespect but - okay no I do actually. -_- *growls* I don't like his rap bit. It's so wtf and it's ruining the whole song >:( It's not wrong to rap and do what he does best as a rapper, but it becomes his fault if he's spoiling good music!! #angst k I know I'm being unreasonable here hahaha I still love their new song (minus minus MINUS the rap) to bits and it's been replaying in my head for awhile now! Was momentarily replaced by this disgusting song (click at your own discretion, some youtubers are claiming to have contracted cancer from listening to it) yesterday though. But now it's all good again ^^ Actually I'd rather Adam didn't curse that much, but guess that's what the clean version of the song's for!

Before I continue, I simply have to express my dislike for Blogger's new dashboard layout :( Now it looks like Gmail and everything's so WHITE! So Blogger, this is what you do to loyal bloggers (like myself) who've been sticking with blogspot since the beginning of time? :(

...


-

Sigh anyway, newsflash: PROS ARE COMING :( Ahhhh, so much to mug but so little time. Started with upper and lower limbs for anat revision and it wasn't easy picking everything up again from CA1, but a week later I realized a lot of what I just mugged have deserted me once again. Brain is about to implode. This is very very bad ARGH BRAIN Y U LIKE THAT :(

Study break has begun but I haven't been very productive :( Spent the entire day with bear and his family last monday although I'd planned to use the day to nerd/mug/study because it was my self-declared off day :( Hee great day out nonetheless, second time meeting them and they were really really nice! Had afternoon tea at pgp with him, his mom, aunty and sister (who joined us after her dentistry interview), went back to their place in the evening to wait for his dad just as his brother was leaving the house because he had other plans, then drove out to have dinner at a chongqing steamboat restaurant :) Enjoyed myself very very much! Yay glad I got to talk more with everyone in the family this time round ^^

The rest of the week was pretty much uneventful other than the Anatomy Hall Closure Ceremony on tuesday (CNN covered it here!) which was kinda the last day of school. It wasn't boring like I'd expected; there were performances, speeches/reflections and videos that were incredibly touching :'( So many of us were discreetly rubbing away the tears in our eyes haha :( And I must confess that... like a lot of my peers in med school, I, too, am guilty of not treating the silent mentors (cadavers) with as much respect as I should sometimes. They're not just organs and body parts soaked in formalin, and they're certainly much more than just "tools" for education; they were once just like you and me. With life, with stories to tell, with warm blood coursing through their veins. I guess at times we do tend to forget that :( Especially when we're too busy squirming at the choking smell of formalin and/or too preoccupied with trying to identify/find/trace the course of a particular nerve! So I'm glad we had the ceremony; really brought back memories of our first day in the anat hall last year as fresh faced medical students when we put our hands on the cadavers and said the oath. Also a timely reminder that we really should be thankful and appreciative of all the sacrifices they made for our education and for all patients in the world :) OKAY! I'll be conscientious and get back to mugging my H&N anat shortly, can't let these silent mentors down! :)

Uh oh I can't remember anything else that happened beyond the past 7 days :( Life has been pretty meh, but here's the other highlight of the week: Bear's birthday yesterday! ^^ Hee, met him the day before to pass him his present and card :) His brother invited me to the birthday dinner at a hotel in Little India (undeniably bear's favorite spot in Singapore LOL) and I really really wanted to go, but dad was trying new recipes for me last night so I didn't want to disappoint him :( Didn't go in the end, but still got to join in the fun for awhile! Teehee :P

Happy Birthday, my dearest bear :) ♥
(21 April 2012)

Because I know you'll be reading this on that once-again-screen-protector-less-FOC-brand-new iPhone of yours :) Alrighty folks, you know I hate ending my posts abruptly but I seriously can't/don't have the time to think of a nice closing paragraph. WORK BECKONS! So see you in about a few weeks, when it all ends. 17 May!!! *fingers and toes crossed*

Oh before I go, say hi to Jansen the bespectacled bear! He's with his new owner now, but he was stuffed and born in build-a-bear workshop (Maritime Square) on 2 April 2012 :) Jansenbear is your softest and cuddliest furry friend and he comes with a personalized voice recording (lifetime: 1000 playbacks!) that can be played by pressing his right paw :D

Jansenbear holding a birthday cake for another bear someone who just turned 23 :D

P.S. omg I actually wanted this to be a short post and look at what happened

Labels: , , , ,

« back forward »