If I could just see you tonight
Friday, March 16, 2012, 4:59 PM
A THOUSAND MILES - VANESSA CARLTON ♫Making my way downtown, walking fast
Faces pass and I'm home bound
Staring blankly ahead, just making my way
Making a way through the crowd
And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you
Tonight
It's always times like these when I think of you
And I wonder if you ever think of me
'Cause every thing's so wrong and I don't belong
Living in your precious memory
'Cause I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you
Tonight
And I, I
Don't wanna let you know
I, I
Drown in your memory
I, I
Don't wanna let this go
I, I don't
Making my way downtown, walking fast
Faces pass and I'm home bound
Staring blankly ahead, just making my way
Making a way through the crowd
And I still need you
And I still miss you
And now I wonder
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass us by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you
If I could just hold you
Tonight
By the way I've just started reading The Hunger Games on my iphone and it's unputdownable so far! And yes I'm reading now because I want to finish the book before I catch it with bear at next friday's Charity Movie Screening :) Can't wait! Hee. Okay I'm gonna try to remember what happened over the past few weeks now. This will once again be a picture-filled post, but posts of this nature will soon cease to exist because pros (aka final exams) will be kicking in before you know it :(
Went for Wongfu Live @ Suntec City Rock Auditorium with Rach last last tuesday (28 Feb)! It was the week before CA3, so I guess we were probably out of our minds. But ah it was so worth it!!! :D Met Rach at Kent Ridge station after school, MRT-ed down to Suntec, and had a quick dinner. Had a super hard time trying to find the Rock Auditorium (we didn't even know such a place existed haha) and when we finally found it at the most ulu/obscure corner of Suntec ever (with no fancy/glamorous decorations apart from a huge yet rather inconspicuous word that read "ROCK" above the entrance, which was made of... well, rocks, surprise surprise) after what seemed like an eternity, we realized that we were late. Even better yet, we thought we were only ten minutes late when we were actually FORTY minutes late omg haha it'd started at 7pm! But because our memories were failing us we kept thinking it was at 7:30pm -_- #phailwhale!!! Really wished we'd gone earlier to chope good seats because it was FREE SEATING :( :(
It was a really great show nonetheless! Walked into the auditorium and turned so many heads, even Wes turned to look us! Aaand our lives were made hahaha :D Ted couldn't come though because he had to stay behind in the US to run Wongfu and keep their youtube channel alive... Such a pity :( But yup at least Phil and Wes came and they were just as nice and funny (and good-looking) in real life :D Couldn't stop laughing at the things they said! Anyway it was so awesome to see all their Singaporean fans gathered in the auditorium that night. About 800 came I think :) After the show there was the meet-and-greet session, which we didn't manage to get tickets for, sadly :( But we still managed to see them REAL up close and personal teehee thanks to the rather useless crowd control people and barricades! Those with special tickets got their signatures and an extra hug but meh, our experience that night was good enough methinks :D Here are some low quality photos taken with my iPhone, please be kind I know they're lousy
We managed to get from HERE...
In the auditorium! Pixellated Wes and Phil :C
Behind the barricades
Byebye barricades hahaha
Lucky girl :(
...to HERE LOL:
Another lucky girl :(
Phil and Wes! ^^
Teehee :D I guess if anyone wanted to assassinate Wong Fu it'd be a complete breeze seeing how easy it was for us to get to them HAHA
Me & Rach at the entrance! ^^
Didn't manage to get a picture with Wes & Ted so we could only settle for that last photo haha! At least it's proof that we were there :D Yay!
Then... it was 9 Mar, CA3 :( Hahaha it didn't go very well, think I'm gonna need quite a bit of luck to just scrape a borderline pass once again. The only thing I felt kinda happy about was the fact that I could actually do the rectum MEQ and answer the histo question when I didn't really consciously study/memorize/mug that part. But other than that, there was really nothing else to be happy about haha. Just gonna keep my fingers crossed for a pass :'(
Went back to PGP to take a short nap after CA3 because I'd been severely sleep deprived, bear visited for a very, very short while, then he had to go because the poor bear was sick and having a fever :'( After he left I just decided to go on solo retail therapy at Clementi mall! Haha didn't buy a lot of things, but did spend quite a bit of moolah :/ That's alright though I guess, because I only have time to shop once in a very, very, very long while.
Act of Valor with parents at Vivo on Saturday, then IT Fair at Suntec! Bought a new HP printer :) Saw Felicia Chin advertising something but didn't get to check out what it was exactly because we were too busy getting squished and squashed and sqooshed by throngs of savage Singaporeans from all directions.
Back to school on Monday (12 Mar)! Had a mini belated birthday celebration for Yiling. Passed her a super huge bear omg it was soooo cute and warm and cuddly awwww! :D
*SQUISHES NOSE* teehee
SO HUUUUGE!!! ^^ Think I need one too :(
ASG with Yiling's bear! All 10 of us :)
Travelled all the way down to Sengkang from Kent Ridge after school. Haha crazy right >< Met bear for dinner at Compass Point and studied with him for awhile at the community center :) Guess Fam Med posting isn't as slack as everyone thought :/ But was really glad he's in the pink of health again ^^ Travelled back to PGP alone after that at 10pm+, because someone had mommy express and I didn't :( Phone died so it was an incredibly long and torturous journey back... 20 stops sigh, could really relate to Vanessa Carlton's song (up there) during the ride. Finally "home" at 11:20pm feeling super dead beat and stoned. It was great seeing bear nonetheless :) :) although we didn't get to spend a lot of time together :(
Wednesday (14 Mar, π day! Hee) was our long-awaited ASG (Only 60% attendance though) food trail! There was no school but I had clinicals, so the rest of ASG met up for lunch first and I only joined them in the evening after that. Oh and speaking of, it was our last clinical session of the (academic) year :'(
CG22 with Dr. Loh!
Hmmmm it WAS really daunting when we first started out as a CG, because I didn't know anyone and I've always been the rather antisocial type when surrounded by people I'm not familiar with. But as time went by I realized that my CG is actually a pretty nice bunch :) Though we may not be as bonded as some of the other CGs. Hope I'll get to see more interesting cases with them when clinicals begin again in Year 2!
So yep food trail with ASG after that :D Okay it wasn't exactly a "food trail" in the end because we just went straight to ThaiPan after getting bubble tea from Gongcha and spent the rest of the evening there HAHA. Oh we did go to Udders for dessert though, but it will never blow me off my feet the way ThaiPan did. Really long journey from Somerset to ThaiPan by bus, but thankfully we all managed to get seats so we just talked the whole way there! Bonded with them a lot hee, really really love talking to ASG girls :')
Anyhoo, THAIPAN WAS SO GOOD! I didn't realize that it was the same restaurant I went to with 7F last december. Certainly didn't remember the food being that awesome too :O Pics from Vidhya's fb hee, not gonna edit the food ones in Photoshop to make them look more appealing 'cause I don't have the time or the patience to, so just take it or leave it muahahaha
ThaiPan ^^
Yangzhou fried rice, Spinach, Egg-Tofu with Chicken floss, and BUTTER SQUID!!!!
Omg the butter squid was simply unforgettable I tell you, it was sooooo delicious! :D Please please go and have a try if you haven't, the butter squids literally MELT in your mouth omg it was really such a gastronomic delight! And we waited SO long for our butter squid dish haha, it was already cooked and the plate was just THERE on a random trolley, but we had to sit and stare at it (cephalic phase of gastric secretion, people) from a distance for a whole 10 minutes, I reckon, before a waitress finally decided to bring it to us. -_- Lots of vasovagal reflex going on while we were staring, (and starving) but ah it was so worth it :') I'll be back for you guys again someday, my precious butter squids. I will.
Group pic with Rach's Instax at ThaiPan before we left :)
Udders! I had Tiramisu, there was a bit of alcohol content but it was tolerable :)
Bused all the way back to City Hall and took the MRT with Weish from there :) Got back to PGP feeling so tired but sooo satisfied. *rubs belly* Say hello to three new layers of blubber!
Group piccy to end the post ^^
To great food and even greater girlfriends!
♥
♥
Joy ♥






