All the way up
Thursday, August 20, 2009, 7:15 PM
a few days ago I found http://taxidiary.blogspot.com, a taxi driver's diary, "Probably the only taxi driver in this world with a PhD from Stanford and a proven track record of scientific accomplishments", through my OGL's lj and was quite fascinated by Dr Cai's stories and all the adventures he's having as a cabby. I've been visiting his blog faithfully ever since and even added the page to my Internet Explorer Favourites Bar for ease of access :D
funny thing is I was just about to tell my parents about his blog today when my dad came home saying "My friend just became a taxi driver." OMG my dad knows everyone luh seriously :D wow I shall get my dad to contact him or something! it'll be uber cool to just sit in his cab for a day and listen to all his stories :)
I think he got featured in the news today as well, and there was a small part about him during our econs lecture today when we were on the topic of structural unemployment.. something about a mismatch between a worker's skill and his job requirements. or simply put, "OMG WASTED LA!!!" for Dr Cai's case :/ oh wells, go read his blog when you're free. you won't regret it :) dinner time now, will reply tags soon :) I shall end with a funny quote from one of his posts!
funny thing is I was just about to tell my parents about his blog today when my dad came home saying "My friend just became a taxi driver." OMG my dad knows everyone luh seriously :D wow I shall get my dad to contact him or something! it'll be uber cool to just sit in his cab for a day and listen to all his stories :)
I think he got featured in the news today as well, and there was a small part about him during our econs lecture today when we were on the topic of structural unemployment.. something about a mismatch between a worker's skill and his job requirements. or simply put, "OMG WASTED LA!!!" for Dr Cai's case :/ oh wells, go read his blog when you're free. you won't regret it :) dinner time now, will reply tags soon :) I shall end with a funny quote from one of his posts!
"Can you take me to Geylang, please?"HAHAHAHAHA :D
"Where in Geylang? It is a big place."
"Where the tigers are."
"Tigers?"
"Thai, girrrls."
Labels: random
Joy ♥