Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
But you weren't worth the view 
Thursday, May 07, 2009, 6:53 PM
so many people are bringing their laptops to school lately! for GPP, Econs ILP etc etc. and I saw lots of pretty vaio laptops and macbooooks D: and they're all so new and the screens are all so shiny and reflective and glossy or whatever you call it. and then I got jealous because my vaio laptop is almost 2 years old (2 more months to go!) and the screen's already filled with oil stains and fingerprints and I realized that I never really bothered to clean up and take good care of it :(

SO, I came home today eager to do something about that! for one and a half hour (5:10pm - 6:40pm) I dedicated my heart and soul to cleaning my lovely laptop. I started with the screen and trust me it was toughhhhhhhhh because the oil stains have been there for so long, they vary in shapes and sizes and they're literally all over the screen. :O so I found two pieces of old microfibre cloths (those you use when you wipe your glasses) and got down to work and rubbed and rubbed and wiped and cleaned. then I did the keyboards too (I used like 9475897249857345 cotton sticks can you believe this and I still couldn't manage to get the remaining 20% of the dust particles out :/ ) and wiped the rest of the laptop with a total of 3 tiny square alcohol swipes :D and I'm proud to say that my laptop looks brand new now! if you don't look at the keyboard, that is. because the colour of the alphabets are already fading O_O but other than that, my laptop is as good as new and I'm happy happy happy because I officially have a shiny computer screen TOO!! HAHA and hopefully I'll continue to clean my laptop on a frequent basis, because I'm still intending to keep it for another 1.5 years before I get a new one for uni :)

okay this post is so random and lame because I'm telling the whole world about how I cleaned my laptop but who careees! yadda yadda yadda. alright I shall go do some work now and hopefully sleep early tonight! I miss my old sleeping time. a few weeks ago I was still sleeping at 10:30 pm and now I'm like sleeping at 12:30 ~ 1:30 am everyday. I know this is peanuts compared to those who sleep at 4/5 am daily (seriously I have no idea how these people have the will to stay up so late!! I demand you all to sleep early or hwachong will turn into some panda zoo), but it definitely shows how rigorous school is becoming for all of us these days! I keep having the tendency to close my eyes during lectures and this is really something for me because I've never ever fallen asleep in school before in my entire life. anyways anyways point is, I shall aim to sleep LATEST by 11 tonight! so I shall go do some work now yes :D

TAAAAAAAGS

Eena: eena! awwwh thanks and alright I'll relink you then :)

GREEN CLUB: :D

chingman: hahaha! it's okay, they already lowered the alert/alarm thingy from orange to yellow :D and I sweat all the time seriously my sweat glands are ridiculously faulty! D:

melissa: YES THAT'S DAMN COOL HAHA. yupyup I'll cheer up! I shall try not to care about her anymore.. THANKS. XD

laiweng: HAHA detarutasnu! no no I lent her two of my kiapkiaps for her performance at the istana the other day :D

--

ps. my dad just popped into my room and went "WOW your laptop looks so new!!" or something along those lines. LOL :D and yes I'm particularly proud of the screeeen!

pss. macbooks are sooo cooool. licheng crashed our GPP meeting today at the fishtank and after the meeting ended we ended up playing with benjamin's macbook. so fun so fun, all the cool things you can do with four fingers three fingers and two fingers etc etc and omg I realize that I'm really really suaku D:

Labels:

« back forward »