Will you be my valentine?
Sunday, February 15, 2015, 7:44 PM
| 14 Feb 2015, Valentine's Day ♥ |
A series of facepalm-worthy events yesterday hehe. Happy Valentine's Day! :P
It all started when a terribad miscommunication caused him to wait an extra 5 minutes downstairs because I didn't know he left his house so I was actually waiting at home for him to leave when he was in fact already here :/ Then in the car, I had a sudden horrific realization and screamed "AH I FORGOT TO BRING YOUR VDAY CARD!!!!!!!" And the next thing I heard was....... "AHHH I FORGOT TO BRING TOO"... so yup, we both forgot to bring our vday cards for each other HAHA -.- #failmax #whataretheodds #scumbagbrain #facepalm
We had a table booked for 6pm at Three Bistro @ Marina Square, so the plan was to park at *secret location* (this cheap parking is a hidden gem seriously so it shall remain a secret, the less people know the better hehehe) and MRT down. Lots of traffic but understandable la since it was vday! The drive there was relatively uneventful. Until we took a wrong turn a mere few hundred metres away from our destination... and ended up having to make a HUGEASS loop and touring marina bay omg seriously the roads there are retarded. Really can't afford to make any mistakes driving in that area aksdfksjdfh one wrong turn and that's it bro it takes you on the path of no return to some faraway place and you end up going around in circles (not just circles, but HUGEASS circles) when you could've arrived at your destination much earlier by walking even T_T #facepalm. By then we were almost running late alr so kept cursing under our breaths
Finally arrived at Marina Square! Spent another 10 mins trying to find the restaurant arghhh Jeriel said Marina Square is notoriously known for its confusing layout and yup we really got a taste of that yesterday sighpie. We just wanted to get to our table in time so it was seriously a mad dash, everything felt like a blur and I was super out of breath when we finally made it there.
Anyway! I was quite excited cos we did our research beforehand and saw that their a la carte menu looked awesome and much more worth it than their vday set dinner. But when we sat down at our table the only menu they placed in front of us was the set dinner menu :( was pretty disappointed, wanted to ask if they serve a la carte food on vday anyway, but decided to hold my tongue after all cos I didn't want to sound stupid. It did turn out to be a pretty decent meal anyway :) Started with pumpkin soup with pistachio nut and truffle oil, Jeriel chose grilled striploin for his main and I got pan-seared salmon, then shared a chocolate lava cake + ice-cream for dessert ^^ and they gave us each a glass of sparkling wine! I'm not usually a fan of alcoholic drinks but I thought the wine set the mood perfectly yesterday hehe, plus the whole place was dimmed and they had a small candle floating in a glass container at the center of every table :) So yup, while we were happily sharing the yummy dessert, I happened to glance over at our neighbour couple, and lol and behold (yes I said lol on purpose), I saw them looking at the... A LA CARTE MENU
And we facepalmed. We just #FACEPALMED so hard. Harder than we've ever facepalmed. Then we saw another couple feasting on fries and other yummy stuff from the a la carte menu, and we just burst out laughing (or crying) (idk which) at how silly we were omg and the best part is, a la carte menu has 10% off total bill if it's over $50, while the vday set dinner only has 10% off if you pay for it 2 days in advance... and 2 days in advance was the exact day we did our research and agreed to not have the set dinner, because we decided that we were going to order as many a la carte items as possible worth roughly in total less than or the same price as the vday set dinner ($92 per couple) for a more worthwhile experience, and on top of that, get a 10% discount. I actually thought it was quite a genius plan! But yes in the end we were both retards who weren't thickskinned enough to ask for the a la carte menu and thought they only served vday set dinner on vday :( don't ask me why I decided against asking for the a la carte menu at the start when I was so close to doing it T_T #scumbagbrain
After dinner I was raving about how I wanted to go on the OCBC skyway at gardens by the bay. It was about 730pm I think, and we walked around Marina Square to pass time and finally decided to make our way there, so walked to Esplanade MRT at 8pm. And it was at the exact moment that the clock struck 8pm that I suddenly remembered (#scumbagbrain where were you at 730pm?!) that... last ticket sale for OCBC skyway is at 8pm T____________________T and we were still 2 MRT stops away. #fffffishburger #ffffffffacepalm
Thank God the series of unfortunate facepalmable events ended there, everything else after dinner went wonderfully hehe :) Been dying to bring Jeriel around MBS and finally got to do it last night! Took a few pretty failed selfies (idk why but selfies has always been a huge problem for us lol we can never seem to master it or take from the right angle for some bizarre unfathomable reason, we just both end up look really stupid) and explored MBS a little bit. Then explored gardens by the bay! The whole place was really beautiful, Jeriel said it's like Avatar land hahaha! Watched the garden rhapsody thing and then waited for the 9pm fireworks :D At first they weren't that impressive and I saw one caucasian couple leaving halfway looking disappointed haha, but towards the end the pace finally picked up and they were really stunning :)))) aaaaand I shall not reveal what Jeriel compared the fireworks to, it's not for the full-stomached :P
I actually wanted to spend more time there but it was crowded and we were kinda tired. So went back to MBS after the fireworks, sat by the boardwalk and hung around the helix bridge for a bit, then headed home! Oh and it was my second time stepping into the MBS hotel (cos you have to walk through it to get to gardens by the bay from MBS), and omg it's so grand. When I grow up and make my own money HAHA I shall aim to have a staycation there and chill in the infinity pool ^^
I actually wanted to spend more time there but it was crowded and we were kinda tired. So went back to MBS after the fireworks, sat by the boardwalk and hung around the helix bridge for a bit, then headed home! Oh and it was my second time stepping into the MBS hotel (cos you have to walk through it to get to gardens by the bay from MBS), and omg it's so grand. When I grow up and make my own money HAHA I shall aim to have a staycation there and chill in the infinity pool ^^
Hehe. Anyway, amidst all the CHP work and rubbish, I did have a great Valentine's day :) yes there were quite a few silly blunders and screw-ups, but they were what made the day an incredibly memorable one and many of them were actually tiny blessings in disguise, in certain ways :P No matter how many silly situations and facepalms there were and will be, I'm glad we can always laugh them off together :) it seems like we keep getting caught in them even on normal days hehe, but I guess that's one of the many things that define our relationship, and I really, really love that :)
I had a really wonderful day yesterday, dear! Because I got roses, a nice dinner, and pretty fireworks. But most importantly...
I had you :)
Labels: happy, jeriel, love, valentine's day
Joy ♥
