All I want for Christmas ♡
Friday, December 19, 2014, 3:25 PM
| Merry Christmas :) 18 Dec 2014, Paragon |
MRT-ed to Orchard after that to walk around and wait for it to get dark so the Christmas lights would come on. Wanted to go up to Ion Sky in the meantime but took forever trying to find our way there, ended up reaching the lift at 7:34pm and saw that last entry was 7:30pm SIGH first disappointment of the day :((( Roamed around a bit more and finally it was dark, so left Ion and started our walk down Orchard road like I'd been wanting to... and literally a few minutes later it started pouring quite heavily and we didn't have an umbrella so had to go back indoors asdkjfhjskdhf second disappointment of the day :((( But thank God for my super positive squirrel who didn't let the rain dampen our spirits hehe. Found an indoor Christmas tree at Taka lobby!!!! Proceeded to take some failed selfies that turned out pretty spastic-looking, which I will not upload for the sake of our wellbeing as well as yours, and for the greater good :P
Walked around Taka briefly, rain finally stopped so crossed over to Paragon and took the photo above with their Christmas tree yay! Then walked along Orchard a little more and ended our day with chocolate banana cake @ Secret Recipe back in Plaza Sing, which zy gave his stamp of approval last time and said was "the JIZZ". It was really pretty yummy yay can always count on our food guru for good recommendations
Okay in all, the Christmas lights were weeeell quite average and mediocre and didn't really make that strong an impression on me... I mean they were pretty but not spectacular, and I remember they were nicer last year something. But despite that and the small disappointments, last night was still really really lovely, because what mattered was the company :) I really do love Christmas. Not so much the humidity and the fake snow over here, but the season in general, and its significance. Always bring forth feelings of thankfulness, great love and joy. Every single one of the last few Christmases I had was special and meant something to me in their own way, and I do remember each one vividly no matter how much time has passed, or how much things have changed. And this Christmas is no different; this Christmas is special because I'm making so many more new memories, and I've got so, so much to be thankful for :)
It's a gloomy and rainy day today and I haven't been productive as usual, but heehee I've got one last short date with J after dinner tonight to look forward to before he flies off to Boracay early tomorrow morning! He'll only be back late at night on the 25th so we won't be spending Christmas day together, but thank God for a great day yesterday which more than made up for that :)
Thank you for making yesterday special and for the Christmas card(s) J, can't wait for you to be back. Take care in the Philippines and be safe! :) ♥
P.S. In other news, finally booked my flights to Melbourne and back! 6 weeks of elective at Monash next year hehe flying on 6 Mar and returning on 18 April, got posted to ortho sigh heartbreaking buuuut I'll save these complaints for another day.
Joy ♥