Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Season of JOY! 
Sunday, December 11, 2011, 2:49 PM
CHRISTMAS IS COMING :D Been hearing Mariah Carey + JB's "All I Want for Christmas is You" everywhere lately! *sets up christmas tree*


Hello world, CA2 just ended last tuesday so we're officially liberated!!! Hmmm wasn't marvelous, (at all) but it really wasn't as bad as expected :) before CA2 (especially the last 2 or 3 days) I was literally freaking out because there was so much to mug and so little time :( bear came down to study with me and pass me a physio book the day before CA2, and after he left I ended up staying up burning midnight oil until about 3:30am >< still didn't get to touch on embryology and histo and some of the ANS stuff :( but thankfully there weren't a lot of qns on those so... keeping fingers and toes crossed that I'll at least get a super borderline pass! hee. Had lunch with the OG at 18 Chefs after CA2 :) Oh anyway, I moved from a Type A to a Type C room on 5 dec (for 3d2n of vacation stay) because all the Type A blocks had some aircon maintenance thingy scheduled so we got chased out :( Type C = no en-suite toilet + no aircon + smaller room + bad view :( But yay I survived heehee, back to Type A in Sem 2! Aaaaand someone's going to become my new neighbour next semester too ^^ ^^

Finally met up with 09S7F yesterday! After about 6 months :D Because I'm a really horrible classmate for missing so many random class outings they had in between :( Anyway, not everyone was present yesterday but awwww it was great to see everyone again although they are all still so full of nonsense LOL especially some guys (or maybe just ONE -_-) askjhskfhsdf haha I really really missed 7F and JC days and all our rubbish :( Yesterday it felt like we were back in 2009/2010 again! Met up with yunting at bpp in the morning and travelled to ecp together. It was a looooong journey and I think we took almost 3 hours to get to ecp + finally find the restaurant the others were eating at! Had some yummy food for lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon at kangaroo ler's house :D he has a *@&$^&*# king-sized bed in his room omg and the rest of his room was (Y) and (Y) = really as messy as any kangaroo's room can get LOL! Saw some of his childhood pictures with yunting and yunjia HAHA seriously his face hasn't changed at all over the years. Once a kangaroo, always a kangaroo. Oh and the orange juice-mixed-with-7-up drink we had was reaaaally nice :D decided to leave early at about 5:30pm, so kangaroo's mommy sent me to kembangan MRT hee thank you kangaroo and Mrs Ler :)

MRT-ed down to yck to meet bear for dinner :) Pastamania@Northpoint, walked around for a bit, then bear came back to bukit panjang with me and we sat by the pool downstairs and talked and talked and talked :) :) :) (aiyo on the way to the pool a black cat crossed my path :( bad luck?) oh AND, we saw the lunar eclipse!!! :D I remember we didn't get to catch the first lunar eclipse of the year in june the day we went for a long walk, because we didn't know there was gonna be one, but last night made up for it! Even though we didn't know about it beforehand either :) Haha bear suddenly asked "want to see something you've never seen before?" and got me to look up, then when I saw the moon I was really so pleasantly surprised HEE it was uber cooool! I've always wanted to see an eclipse :D (haha inner astronomy geek alert!) My maiden experience (and bear's, too)! And the fact that it was the last lunar eclipse Singapore would see for awhile (next lunar eclipse: april 2014 = 2.5 years later) made it all the more special :) called mom and dad to get them to look out of the window and they were both super cute/excited HAHA! Anyway the sky was really really clear and we could see lots of twinkling sparkling stars :D Wanted to take a picture of the moon, but figured that it'd probably be a pathetically low res one hahaha so oh wellsers. Tried to identify some constellations too heehee we saw Orion!! It was really prominent :) Called it a day close to 11pm, walked bear to the side gate and the same black cat crossed my path omg D: and guess WHAT, it crossed my path AGAIN when I was walking back to my block after that!! Yup you totally saw that coming :/ Third time :/ So should any great misfortunes befall me, my friends, adios :(

Oh and I finally finally updated my phone to iOS5 a few days ago! :) the update was really smooth with no hiccups at all :D to think I still so painstakingly went to backup everything a few hundred thousand times on my laptop for fear that I'd get my data completely wiped out and/or end up with a bricked phone. iOS5 is nothing special really heeee I was all hyped up about it but looking back now I don't really get what all that hype was for. The notification centre thingy is pretty cool though yes :D figured out how to dump the annoying newsstand app into a folder too yay :)

Heard Gym Class Heroes' Stereo Hearts (ft. Adam Levine!!!) at Northpoint yesterday and now it's stuck in my headdddd :(
My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio
And turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo
Alrighty, shameless advertising before I go:

From Facebook (clicky):

Make It Happen! is a project spearheaded by a group of Year One Medical Students from the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, hoping to raise funds for the Lighthouse School for Blind Children in Singapore.

We will thus be putting up a play “The 6 Deadly Commandments” from which all profits from ticket sales will go to purchasing laptops to store E-Braille books and constructing a 'Cosy Corner' in the Lighthouse School Library.

Each ticket is just $15!

Show times:
Friday Night 13th of Jan (Opening Night) - 7.30 to 9.30
Saturday Afternoon 14th of Jan (Matinée) - 2.30 to 4.30
Saturday Night 14th of Jan (Closing Night) - 7.30 to 9.30

Venue:
Alliance Française Theatre
Alliance Française de Singapour
No. 1 Sarkies Road
Singapore 258130

Nearest MRT:
Newton MRT (within walking distance, around 50 metres from Alliance Francaise)
Heehee do come do come! I play a nerdy office girl in one of the scenes so please buy ticketssss. To laugh at me raise funds for the blind children :D :D

---

edit: ooh wait maybe a black cat crossing your path isn't all that bad :D It says on wiki that
"In Germany, some believe that black cats crossing a person's path from right to left, is a bad omen. But from left to right, the cat is granting favorable times" 
teehee all 3 times were from left to right!!! (haha omg now all I think of when I see "left-to-right"/"right-to-left" is a SHUNT) I know I'm no German but... I sure hope that means some good days are ahead :D

Labels: , , , ,

« back forward »