We own the night
Monday, September 05, 2011, 11:02 PM
BOO! I know another month has passed by so here I am :D Actually monthly blogging is not a bad idea at all (okay actually I'm just lazy haha), so let's see how long I can keep this up for!
So school has started for awhile now and life is still pretty good so far! Lessons end really late on most days but there's still quite a bit of free time to... well, have a life outside of school :D Anatomy is really a pain in the rear and we just learnt 51 new upper limb muscles today WELL DONE. (trust me you wouldn't want to know their names...) but being the most incredibly enthusiastic year 1 student in yllsom (okay not really) I'm still finding everything rather fresh and interesting so I'm surviving well :D So all is good! Apart from lectures we've been having labs and practical lessons too! Histology labs aren't exactly... terribly exciting (seriously they're not) (at all), but anat practicals at the Anatomy Hall are always worth looking forward to :D I quite like my Anatomy tutorial group too :) Took our oaths last week and saw cadavers for the first time! Other than the extremely _____ smell of formalin the cadavers aren't really that disgusting actually hee although they say most year 1 students refrain from eating chicken after seeing cadavers HAHA. Well yeah there IS quite a bit of resemblance I guess cos I did find myself studying the chicken bones unknowingly while I was having my steamed chicken soup for lunch at the science canteen a few days ago LOL ._. anat is slowly taking over our lives
Anyway, 3 Sept 2011 was the annual yllsom D&D! Theme was Retroblast hahaha got quite a huge shock when I saw lots of people in really absurd costumes!!! There was this dude who dressed up as Tony Tan, there were a few red indians, there was a freaking GRIM REAPER, there was Seth from our OG with huge gigantic glasses and amazing afro hair (super hilarious when he bobbed along with the music LOL) (cue Willow Smith's I whip my hair back and forth~), and there was the Flintstones family too among many other... interesting people and costumes hahaha omg so our og has decided that we're gonna show up at next year's D&D in wacky/ridiculous costumes too!!! Hee anyway D&D was fun but quite a waste of time actually. Haha the food was not bad though! Met rachel, vidhya and weishan at 313 after they got their hair done to put on our makeup and travel to Swissotel together :) Concluded that vidhya and I are short people T_T it's okay vidhya! Being short has its own advantages :D (eg. can hide behind tall people for shade when sun is super hot :D) Spent an eternity at 313 and decided to cab down to save time! Shit I haven't paid rach back for the ice milo from LJS and oh the cab fare eek okay mental note to do it tomorrow :) Reached the ballroom at 7:35pm plus which was... more than an hour late (cocktail reception was at 6:30!) LOL #epicwin but hmm fashionably late I hope :D HAHA okay we're living in self denial
Omg I haven't blogged in so long I really have no idea what to say anymore :( What happened to the hardcore blogger I used to be :( sigh okay I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking nao!
So school has started for awhile now and life is still pretty good so far! Lessons end really late on most days but there's still quite a bit of free time to... well, have a life outside of school :D Anatomy is really a pain in the rear and we just learnt 51 new upper limb muscles today WELL DONE. (trust me you wouldn't want to know their names...) but being the most incredibly enthusiastic year 1 student in yllsom (okay not really) I'm still finding everything rather fresh and interesting so I'm surviving well :D So all is good! Apart from lectures we've been having labs and practical lessons too! Histology labs aren't exactly... terribly exciting (seriously they're not) (at all), but anat practicals at the Anatomy Hall are always worth looking forward to :D I quite like my Anatomy tutorial group too :) Took our oaths last week and saw cadavers for the first time! Other than the extremely _____ smell of formalin the cadavers aren't really that disgusting actually hee although they say most year 1 students refrain from eating chicken after seeing cadavers HAHA. Well yeah there IS quite a bit of resemblance I guess cos I did find myself studying the chicken bones unknowingly while I was having my steamed chicken soup for lunch at the science canteen a few days ago LOL ._. anat is slowly taking over our lives
Anyway, 3 Sept 2011 was the annual yllsom D&D! Theme was Retroblast hahaha got quite a huge shock when I saw lots of people in really absurd costumes!!! There was this dude who dressed up as Tony Tan, there were a few red indians, there was a freaking GRIM REAPER, there was Seth from our OG with huge gigantic glasses and amazing afro hair (super hilarious when he bobbed along with the music LOL) (cue Willow Smith's I whip my hair back and forth~), and there was the Flintstones family too among many other... interesting people and costumes hahaha omg so our og has decided that we're gonna show up at next year's D&D in wacky/ridiculous costumes too!!! Hee anyway D&D was fun but quite a waste of time actually. Haha the food was not bad though! Met rachel, vidhya and weishan at 313 after they got their hair done to put on our makeup and travel to Swissotel together :) Concluded that vidhya and I are short people T_T it's okay vidhya! Being short has its own advantages :D (eg. can hide behind tall people for shade when sun is super hot :D) Spent an eternity at 313 and decided to cab down to save time! Shit I haven't paid rach back for the ice milo from LJS and oh the cab fare eek okay mental note to do it tomorrow :) Reached the ballroom at 7:35pm plus which was... more than an hour late (cocktail reception was at 6:30!) LOL #epicwin but hmm fashionably late I hope :D HAHA okay we're living in self denial
Omg I haven't blogged in so long I really have no idea what to say anymore :( What happened to the hardcore blogger I used to be :( sigh okay I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking nao!

SUPERTRIM @ 313! Right after they did their hair :)
I didn't do mine so I was just stoning and watching hee

ASG girls ♥

OG4!


Rach's polaroids
Hee anyway saw chiu si en at Yusof Ishak's kopitiam this afternoon! Omg she didn't recognize me at all haha sadface :( Talked to her for a bit after that and got bombarded with a lot of questions haha HMMMM. Anyway this is super terrible, I have so many classmates/friends at NUS but I haven't met up with any of them for lunch! Screw different lunch breaks/school hours :(
On a brighter note, 2 months has passed by :) Spent a wonderful day with great company today! It's days like this that make me feel incredibly content and happy, because I know I'm the luckiest person in the whole wide world :D
Joy ♥