Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Random nostalgic post 
Sunday, November 29, 2009, 2:41 PM
I feel weird and nostalgic :O

ah okay this is just a random post about the nostalgia I feel towards blogskinning but I figured everyone will be bored to bits because if you've never been a REALLY obsessed blogskinner before it's going to be hard to relate to how I feel and you may even find it weird and go like "HUH?" so feel free to ignore this post :D ahhh why can't Blogger have cuts like LJ does! it'll save so much space. anyways this post may seem rather weird because I hardly post such.. nostalgic posts. but yes, do ignore if you wish :D in fact, I strongly encourage you to ignore because it does not add value to your life at all. go complete your math revision booklet instead! I'm mainly just posting this up for my own reference, sorta. and to organize my thoughts a bit D: anyways I like to keep tabs on my thoughts :)

haha SO! I was bloghopping as usual (yes I bloghop everyday, so if you're someone I know and you have a blog, chances are I've already been there and seen your latest post. teehee. just that I don't tag much :D), reading my friends/classmates' blogs and even those that belong to random people I don't even know because I was just blindly following their links when I saw interesting names. then I stumbled across a blog with a reaaally familiar blogskin. and I realized that it's actually my own creation on blogskins.com. this happens a lot of times actually, and everytime there'll be this funny feeling.. okay it's not a bad feeling but not exactly a good one either. I just don't know what it is! hahaha I mean it's strange to like just roam around the blogosphere randomly and suddenly come across people using your blogskins. it almost feels embarassing to be honest D: and the funny thing is that I created those skins like 2 or 3 years ago and there're still people using them now! shouldn't my skins be almost right at the bottom of the pile on blogskins.com because they were created so long ago? how did people manage find them now? I don't know it's just kind of strange to me. and I guess that's also partially because I've forgotten all about my love blogskinning for so long and when I see other people using my old creations, it kind of brings back the old feelings and then I get all nostalgic :/

I guess blogskinning really became a huge part of me since december 2006, and I was seriously obsessed! I was still rather confused about how everything worked back then, then I got my first SOTD ("skin of the day" - the best skin submitted in the day gets picked out and posted on the homepage of blogskins.com) and it really felt like some sort of crazy achievement because I didn't even know what it was until I got it and realized that wow that actually meant something! I still remember how elated and proud of my first SOTD I was. at first I was just blogskinning for fun, then I started to turn it into something more serious. so that became sort of a drive for me to make eeeeven more blogskins and get eeeeven more in love with this whole blogskinning thing. then I started to get more SOTDs, made friends with a lot of other blogskinners and some random people who added me on msn through blogskins.com, got slightly more well-known in the blogskinning community, then I decided to go on a hiatus early in sec 4 because that was the crucial year and I was pretty worried about not being able to cross over to JC since my grades were REALLY suffering. and then I never went back to submit another skin because I guess my priorities changed. and after such a long hiatus, I didn't really feel the same passion anymore.

come to think of it it's actually kind of sad. the passion only survived slightly more than a year :( I was just one blogskinner out of the many, many thousands of blogskinners all over the world, but blogskinning really was a big deal to me at that time. because for once I felt like I was DOING something. for once I felt like life wasn't all about books and friends and family. I guess I even treated it as a mini-career and that really felt like something for the insignificant sec 2 going on sec 3 girl that I was. I did try to get back to blogskinning last year but I don't know; no more inspirations, I got tired really easily and it just didn't feel the same anymore.. you have no idea how many incomplete blogskins I have saved in my folders. oh wells! my profile on blogskins.com still says "95% retired" so I shall go change it to "100%" :( although that's pointless because it's been stagnant for so long already and I bet everyone already stopped expecting new skins from me looooong ago.

BUT YES I'M STILL FEELING NOSTALGIC :/ I doubt I'll ever go back to blogskinning again, but it was really a fun period in my life. sometimes I still miss it a lot, especially at times like this when there's nothing I can really busy myself with, but when I think of my endless tutorials, homework, and the A-levels that will be approaching at full speed next year, it usually just gets casted all the way to the back of my head, along with all the other forgotten memories.

I shall get back to reading Eclipse :)

Labels: ,

« back forward »