Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Billie Jean, is not my lover 
Wednesday, November 04, 2009, 9:11 PM
HELLO WORLD :)

today was quite a busy and action-packed (okay not really) day... math lecture first thing in the morning and PW for the rest of our lives day. for the first time today, I didn't eat lunch with Green Club! D: because I had to finish our PW video before our rehearsal with Ms Ong at 11:15 so I was busy slogging away at the class bench :/ but I didn't have to survive one whole day on an empty stomach because they kindly bought me a "random pau" (speaking of the pau I have to return either bearbear or chingman her $$!) (speaking of returning $$ I need to return licheng $$ too.) (I keep borrowing $$ from people lately..) ($$$$)

anyways! went up to A410 to prepare and watch random bits of bearbear's group's presentation. leeched on the school's electricity to charge my iTouch and laptop XD haha I managed to charge my iTouch battery to the max! not bad :D then it was our turn to present and I don't know why but I got SUPER stressed out. okay long long time ago whenever I presented something, my face will go flaming red (that's why people called me a tomato/apple back in those days) and the temperature of my cheeks will rise beyond boiling point. (I think my face made quite a good frying pan. but no one ever egged me or anything to see if the eggs cooked anyways.. ) (DON'T TRY.) haha but that stopped a year ago! I thought it ended in Sec 4. I've been quite alright for all my presentations since then and for the past few OP rehearsals, although I did get a little nervous, my face didn't really go hot.

so I don't know what happened today :(

guess it was because there were lots of people in the room including peeps from 7E so I totally stressed myself out and couldn't stop fidgeting and suddenly all my bad presentation habits came back :( and my face felt flaming hot and so did my ears and I had a hard time cooling down after that D: SIGHHH :/ but nevermind. I'll try to avoid that and I'll keep trying until Friday the 13th (what an auspicious date for our OP haha) is over.

hung around for a bit more in A410. OH OH highlight of the day!!! chingman makes all our days once again by the things she said.

zeke: -sees chingman's new hairstyle- you look like a guy from afar.
chingman: whatever, you don't even look like a guy from afar -.-
HAHAHAHA CHINGMAN PWNS! chingman 1, zeke 0. :D

okay anyways loaded some class photos into wenwei's thumbdrive and prepared to set off for Takashimaya with licheng to buy ahem and ahem's ginormous ahem cards :D we tried to be really quick because my CCA was supposed to start at 3. had a hard time choosing the cards because some were nice and some were freaking ugly but there weren't a lot of nice choices D: and we had to get the right size and everything. wanted to call junsong to ask but couldn't reach him, so we started spamming calls at random classmates and realized that students from 7f hardly pick up their phones! myself included -guilty grin- still didn't reach junsong in the end so we just made our own decisions. lugged a huge plastic bag each like old aunties to Ion to buy glittery pens/markers in this pretty art shop licheng told me about! ahhhh it was filled with things in nice bright colours and they were grouped together very nicely in their different colours :D it smelt nice too :D and apparently the shop has the same type of telephone as my house phone with the exact same melody when it rings. and it rang like 4 times when we were there so I had to keep suppressing the urge to run over and pick up the phone -_- next we had to print out the class photos so that we can stick them on the ahem cards. spammed calls at a lot of people again to find out where the nearest photo processing shops are located. we were on the phone with dingjie when melanie called to return a missed call from me but she hung up before I could hold dingjie's line to say hello so I ended up saying "hello melanie?" to dingjie and he replied "yes" and I GOT A SHOCK because I was expecting melanie's voice-_- omg it was really embarassing-_- licheng and I laughed like idiots and I-don't-know-whats. D: oh and another embarassing moment. we asked dingjie if he knew of any photo processing shops near ion and he said "try heartland" and we took forever trying to figure where that is before we realized that he actually meant.. well, the heartland area ._.

browsed a few more random shops in ion and headed over to lucky plaza! found fujifilm and selected the photos to print from the thumbdrive. had to wait for 10 minutes, so we went off to Macs for licheng to have her dinner because she wanted to get the monopoly thingums. felt hungry because I only ate a tiny pau and one packet of muachee for lunch so I just joined her for dinner :D AHHH I've been eating really unhealthily these days :/ I think since mid october I've been to Macs twice, KFC once and Island Creamery once (yesterday!!! because kenler our amazing kangaroo PW group leader treated the group to a tub of cookies and cream ice cream :D oh and not forgetting to mention that when we split up into 2 groups of threes to play scramble, my group consisting of me, licheng and benjamin kept pwning their group XD) licheng went to claim her free apple pie and gave it to me because she didn't felt like eating it but THANKS ANYWAYS LICHENG :D wanted to steal random game cards that people left on their trays :X that was the only time in my life when I actually wished that I was a cleaner at Macs O_O didn't steal the cards in the end because we are good Hwachong students with integrity :D started pasting the game cards licheng had on the game board and I think we were like little kids?! HAHA collected photos from fujifilm, which marked the end of our busy day. licheng lugged both cards home and I rushed back to school just in time for dazu. had quite a slack practice (I'm starting to miss the more intense pracs) and were released before 7 once again. while waiting for my mom's car to arrive I listened to the songs I just added to my itunes yesterday :D but they aren't new. they are actually songs from really old chinese albums, like Cyndi Wang's "Begin..." and other old albums by Jolin Tsai and S.H.E. albums that I actually own. like, the actual CDs and all.. I have no idea what got into me but I just took out all my old albums last night out of the blue and started to import all the songs. I remember I used to listen to A LOT of chinese songs back in the primary school days. actually I would say that I didn't even listen to a single english song back then.. then in Sec 1 I started listening to some western artists like M2M, Tata Young and Britney Spears under the influence of my Sec 1 best friend, and after I went to taipei european schools apparently I spent almost every single day listening to western music. anyways point is, it felt good to re-listen to all the older chinese tracks that I used to sing along to :) I could still remember most of the lyrics! and somehow these old songs managed to evoke certain forgotten memories and feelings too. oh wells. primary school days were the one of the best days of my life :) although there were lots and lots of regrets. but still ^^

RAGH the post is getting irritatingly long and I'm just rambling on and on so I shall stop right now :D but before I go, SO SAD THAT WE DON'T GET TO CRASH MR NGOH'S HOUSE TOMORROW ANYMORE!!!! :( I was super looking forward to ROCKBAND :/ but oh wellsers. there're plenty of chances to crash because holidays are comingmingming :D

alrighters I shall go off to edit my PW slides now. goodbye :D

TAAAAGS

aly: LOL yes blackhorse! haha the video was so spastic. thank goodness we didn't have to include it in the end :D

beef and DING: HAHA yes I like BEEF don :D

licheng: HAHAHA. I'm still highly amused by what chingman said to zeke today :D

beef: okay actually I love ethan hawke too :D:D both both both! haha. and sorry I'll reply your email reaaal soon :(

bearbear: :O you're bullying me like the rest of the class did huhhhh! haha I have integrity so I don't steal watermelons :D

DING: NO D:

Labels: ,

« back forward »