Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
MARCH HOLIDAYS! 
Friday, March 13, 2009, 9:01 PM
HELLOOOO :) long post coming up woo! (hehheh I'm such a hardcore blogger :D)

first of all, MARCH HOLIDAYS ARE HERE! omgomg can you see JOY written all over my face :D hahaha. and I have miraculously survived wearing specs for this entire week. it definitely made me look more intellectual and studious mhm :) wellll, let's blog in point form again!

Thursday (NYGH Prize Presentation day!)

1. I arrived at the second hwachong bridge at 7:28am, and I usually arrive at around 7:17am. there were 2 car accidents on the expressway and there was a massiveeeee jam. I was 10 minutes late and I was pretty sure I'd get booked for latecoming! but surprisingly, I made it there on the last minute. I ran all the way and dumped my blazer, court shoes and school bag on the floor and dashed off to join my class. though I couldn't join them in time (I ended up singing the national anthem and saying the pledge in the left wing, and I could feeeel the other students staring at me), at least I wasn't "late" :D amazing.

2. I did rather well for the first econs quiz woo! but that's because it was just short answered questions, and not essay-ish stuff, which I suck at. ah wells, at least there's an "excellent" on my paper :D

3. tried on gaotian's fake specs with everyone else during lunch and it was really spastic. THEN THEY STARTED TAKING UNGLAM PICTURES OF ME (I was quite shocked so naturally I looked shocked but you know, joy + shocked look = major hilarious) and started mass-sending one another-.- oh my my my what nice friends they are..

4. stayed for half an hour of math tutorial. I was expecting a single digit mark for my math test, but surprisingly I passed! AND I'M ONLY ONE MARK AWAY FROM AN A holyshamoly. and I lost 3 marks because of CARELESS MISTAKES omg I love me. anyways, rushed back to nanyang at 1:30 for the prize presentation :)

5. gathered at LT2 and proceeded to the audi to be seated. sang the NANYANG SCHOOL SONG! :D omg. I guess that was the last time that I'll ever sing the nanyang school song again. so sad. I'm still having sore throat and I still sound like a frog but I really did make an effort to sing :) and gee I missed nanyang so much. I haven't visited in agesss and I really didn't expect myself to miss ny so much. awwh. I miss ny :(

6. saw mrs chua, mr low and WU LAO SHI! wu lao shi was still wearing the ny jacket and looking cute :) she said I grew taller! but I bet it was because of my court shoes. hahaha. didn't see mr kuo, though D: 406 shall all meet and go back to stalk him some day.

7. took my prize and everything and left at 4. (because my gleneagles appointment was at 5) went general office to collect my olevel certificate AND MET MELISSA ONG THERE! she said I looked like a gorilla. awesome HAHA-.-

8. went upstairs to M401 wanting to surprise the juniors. lingered outside, peeked in and realized that juniors were having dazu. didn't dare to barge in, and I figured that I'd probably look very weird with my blazer and court shoes.. GAH I MISS MY JUNIORS!! so in the end, I didn't go in and just left for my appointment :( I shall visit after march holidays yesyes :D

9. went to gleneagles. after the appointment I had to go through the orchard MRT underpass, and I actually saw a hwachong guy cuddling a girl from some other school? thank goodness I'm not a teacher. but it still disturbed me to a certain extent o.o

Friday (LAST DAY OF WEARING SPECS TO SCHOOL!)

1. got separated into our independent learning thingy groups, so we moved around and sat with our groupmates. jean, xinying, melanie, benny and hongguang are my groupmates! I'm quite happy with my grouping actually :D haha. I ended up sitting in junsong's previous seat, and no one told me the table had a huge hole underneath. so as usual, I pushed my huge bright green file under the table and FLOMP it fell right through the hole -.- WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT IT?! my entire file fell open and everything became so messy :( terrible!

2. spent the entire 1st break studying for bio class test. spread the love by offering "Joy Lin" stickers to the people who were at the class bench at that time hahaha now they're all in my fan club! woohoo :D licheng, yunting, jean and benny wore my "Joy Lin" stickers on their uniforms for the whole day hahaha and licheng said she'll bring hers next term! yay we love stickers :D:D hahaha. guess what, yanjie gave that entire set of stickers (you know, those kind with your name on it) to me for my birthday like almost 5 years ago? I never used them much so I shall aim to give all of them out/use them by the end of J2 or they'll be so wasted D:

3. BIO TEST! it was.. okaayish. cough cough cough hahaha ahem ahem. I mistook the channel protein for a carrier protein :( and I wrote crap for the autoradiography question because I didn't know when to use "amino acids" and when to use "protein antibodies" so I.. just wrote crap. amazing.

4. 2nd break was luuuuunch! went to lunch with the usual lunch gang (which is practically the entire CT if you include the guys. our CT is pretty bonded, you knooow) and as alwaaaays, gaotian started cracking lame/funny/sick/crude jokes and everyone started cracking up. he can become a clown or jokes master, seriously! and benny too! gaotian and benny, they make a fabulous pair I tell you. seriously, everytime gaotian cracks a joke jean and I will always end up being close to tears from laughing too much. sometimes we'll get cramps too-.- thank goodness no one choked while eating yet! LUNCHTIMES WITH GAOTIAN ARE TOTALLY ABS-TRAINING SESSIONS. I guess gaotian's the only one who can REALLY um.. bring out the jokes (?!) because seriously I doubt anyone of us have the ability to tell the jokes half as funny as he does!

5. CT session! APOLLO FAC CIP WOO :) I love apollo. it's amazing how we all can feel such a strong sense of belonging to our faculties already! actually, I feel a stronger sense of belonging to apollo as compared to hwachong as a whole. hmmmmmm but I still love hwachong, of course :D

6. CT session with the class = sabo session! it all started when kenneth ler told mr ngoh that "Joy has a confession to make!" and I was like noooo and apparently my face went flaming red again because mr ngoh said "then why are you blushing?" SIGH let me tell you I really blush a lot. especially in situations like this :O it's not my fault my cheeks tend to get a lot of blood circulation sometimes! D: then after awhile everyone started asking me to sing with kenneth soo and junsong?! I was mildly horrified and my face turned even redder. hoooooly.

7. after we were dismissed, stayed back with my PW group to finish our GPP thingy. went to melissa's class bench to drink my honeywater! (haha aww THANK YOU MELISSA ONG FOR MAKING HONEYWATER FOR ME EVERYDAY :D it does help ok! and be grateful that I didn't post anything silly about you on my blog. cough unlike you!) I wasn't wearing specs so I was pretty blind. then someone called my name really loudly and I fumbled for my glasses like an old granny and put them on before realizing that it was yongboon hahaha omg I'm really blind without my glasses, I tell you! anyways, drank the honeywater, hung around melissa's class bench for a bit, then went back to my own class bench to finish the GPP thingy with my group.

8. after we finished the GPP thingy, I was quite shocked to hear that zeke lost his phone AGAIN. except last time it was a false alarm because apparently he called his own number and his maid picked up-.- this time it was real I guess. got dragged by zeke to the auditorium with xinying to look for his phone. it was like deja vu because during the false alarm last time, licheng and I got dragged to the auditorium and did the same thing-.- zeke was holding this turquoise umbrella and he kept threatening to whack people with it hahaha I think he looked more like an old granny than I did!

9. went home because my scar appointment got cancelled. realized that I didn't bring the parents-meet-teacher booklet home! daaaang apparently I left it at the class bench :/ so in the end I had to ask my mom to get it from the class bench. thanks chingman for the awesome cooperation haha! she was at the class bench and I think she passed the booklet to mom in the end. yaaay happy ending. she's currently on her way to B118 to see mr ngoh, I think. wonder what he'll say to her o.o maybe something like "Joy blushes a lot." but at least I'm quite sure he won't be like mr kuo and say things like "Joy loves to make funny faces in class" o.o omg. I really really really miss mr kuo D:

10. and oh I have a mosquito bite on my left cheek again! and zeke was convinced that it was a lovebite. it totally reminded me of mr kuo last year! I had a mosquito bite (lol I actually wrote "I had a HICKEY") on my cheek last year and he asked "Joy, why do you have a hickey on your face?" and I didn't know what that was last time so I was like "what's a hickey-.-" OMG I MISS NANYANG I MISS MR KUO I MISS NYCOYQP!

11. my points are actually quite long! kind of defeats the whole purpose of blogging in point form right-.- oh wellsersss.

rah. I feel so zonked out. the past week has been hectic and my cough's getting worse not better because of the homework overload! ahh I've been sick for exactly 2 weeks already. the stupid flu virus spreading through HCI is quite a malicious one eh! rah. I'm having a headache. I shall watch some tv, slack tonight and go to bed early :)

I SHALL WAKE UP AT 10AM TOMORROW moohaha. but gah, there's still CO prac from 1 to 4 tomorrow :/ it's okay! I'll go and I'll bring work to do and I'll learn not to dread CO pracs that much :) rah. it's always like this! I dreaded NYCO a lot when I just joined sec 3 but I grew to love it a lot a lot a lot after bonding so much with my dearest yqp. so hopefully I'll grow to love HCCO as well :)

TAAAAGS!

Eunice: hahaha! I'm the blind shooter :D OG25 POOL WAS AMAZING! we should go play pool more often! that shall be our official OG25 past time or something. haha YESYES I'M DRINKING LOTS OF H2O THANKYOUUU :D

laiweng: awwwh, I MISS YOU TOO CHEESECAKE/(DE)TARUTASNU :) we haven't talked in eons zomg!

Alyn: haha thank you! and do you mean which country I'm from or which school I'm from o.o"

chingman: OMG! hahaha stop repeating what I said, it was the stupidest thing I've ever said! but I didn't know what else to say :/ I still remember the look on mr ngoh's face HAHA

joanne: haha I sent in a request to join the network and apparently my friends confirmed me into the network after a few weeks! I was so desperate haha. good luck! I have no idea how to confirm you though D: D:

--
I need time.
alrightieeee. byeeeee.

Labels: ,

« back forward »