Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Resolutions 
Saturday, January 17, 2009, 4:57 PM
SCHOOL's starting in 2 days! I can't believe how fast time flies :/ I've been slacking and going out too much these days and my brain's still in holiday mode! I can't imagine what will happen on the first day. looking at the time table on the hci website, I can see that it's gonna be rather boring. briefing, math combined lecture, break, then chemistry combined lecture (on mole concepts-.-) and then there's the selection test for physics and chem for SMTP. I wanted to try for that at first, but in the end I realized that it's too talent-ish for me and I doubt I can cram all the EOY stuff in last minute again. so.. yup! anyways, you have no idea how much all the FUN lectures thrill me.

hmm.

soo, we're going to have lectures until chinese new year celebration on 23 Jan, have a few days of break, then go for even MORE simply fascinating lectures on the 29th. and then the O level students will start flooding in! :) and that's when school will REALLY begin. an amazing new year with lots of things to look forward to! although I'm still undecided on which CCA to join. I think I'll probably end up in CO again if nothing else interests me. I'm.. considering the guitar club or something like that? but I'll just look at all the other options first. they'll have orientation anyways! so I'll leave the worrying and decision-making dilemmas till.. later.

anyways, I've asked around a little, and I'm really glad to know that some of my old friends are coming to HCI too! who knows, we may end up being classmates again :D haha but most of primary school friends are going to VJC, CJC, ACJC etc. or to poly :( neh.

ohoh and, I didn't put up my new year resolutions, so here's the um, belated one!

1. I will study hard and do my best for all tests, quizzes, and exams. if I could do it last year for EOYs, then I can definitely do the same thing for this year, next year, and many many more years to come!

2. I will practise piano diligently. Grade 8's no joke! I'm still in a dilemma though, should I book the March 2011 exam (after A Levels) or the March 2010 (before A Levels) one?!!! There're too many.. complications :(

3. LOVE my parents more and more and more and more until they get sick of me! and I'll try and wash the dishes everyday I promise :)

4. LOVE the brilliant friends I have and reconnect with the old ones and learn to leave the past behind me :)

5. "barge in" during NYCOYQP's xiaozu or dazu practices whenever I'm free or whenever I find myself missing those wacky kids :D

6. move on and stop letting things and bad memories from the past affect me.


hahaha, everyone's new year resolutions sound pretty much the same. study hard, blah blah blah etc. to be honest, I'm actually quite disappointed with myself for not setting my plans for fulfilling the new year resolutions I had last year in motion for the first half of 2008. I was still flunking tests and quizzes before NYCO concert, and even a little after that. whatever happened to the "I will .. 1. study haaaard (and I do mean HARD)" I wrote on my blog last year? and even more ridiculously, the "10. remember everything I wrote today and really do them next year. (:" ? those were all lies, now that I think about them. I didn't actually put in efforts to carry out those plans. well, I really really hope that I'll fulfill my new year resolutions this year. I promise I'll try, and I'm not about to break that promise. it's a promise I'm making to myself and no one else. so I'll definitely try everything I can to fulfill those resolutions, and if I don't I can just go jump off a cliff or kiap my head between two lift doors continuously or something-.-

from the experience I had last year, I think I'm the.. 不见棺材不掉泪 kind of person. (and that's really really bad so I shall try to change this year.) I only started to worry and REALLY mug hard when I thought about the horrible things that could happen to me if I didn't make it to JC. my past MSGs always fluctuated between 3.8 to maybe a little above 4, so when I set my goal of msg 1.6 for EOYs I was still laughing at myself for being ridiculous. and during the process of mugging there were seriously times when I felt hopeless and discouraged. I still remember how doing physics assessment books drove me crazy and how I started screaming and yelling when I saw that I got 80% of the questions wrong. I remember how I told my parents that it was simply impossible for me to cram all the biology stuff into my head for EOYs and how hard I tried to tear my face away from the computer screen. then I REALLY started feeling bad when everyone else started making their revision timetables after all the pep talks from Mr Kuo.

so yeah, I started making my own timetables and attended tuition every week. my mom even bought this thick stack of prelim papers for me and I was like doing them like crazy. I'm pretty sure my laptop collected a thick layer of dust during my tedious revision period and so did the TV screen. and then I became some kind of studying machine. like.. everything became so.. routinized. everyday it was just.. mugging, lunch, mugging, dinner, mugging, sleep, rinse, lather and repeat. yea everything became like.. 机戒化 and to be honest I seriously hate that kind of life. but I was doing everything I could to get into JC. because I was trying to pull my MSG of 3.8 all the way down to 1.6! and guess what, I didn't lose weight because of stress or anything. instead, I gained a few kgs because I was just sitting there in front of my desk with my head buried in books every single day and I was like frozen there for dunno-how-many-days without much movement-.- and my parents made me drink 冰糖燕窝 everyday (HAHA it was quite delicious). at least it wasn't chicken's essence, because I loathe the taste of that thing-.-

OKAY you know what, I don't know why I'm telling everyone all these-.- like anyone will read everything! I'm just rambling on and on and on and on and on because I have no idea when to stop to make the whole thing sound more.. complete. so nevermind, I'll just end the storytelling session here. I don't care if it ended up like an imperfect/interrupted/plagal candence! (this is what Grade 7 aural did to me) because I'm pretty sure you have this look on your face right now having scrolled down so many boring lines of text:



HAHA YUP okay so bye now. I've got to.. do things. ohoh before I get into the procrastinating mood, TAAAAGS! (oh yes and I shall PROCRASTINATE LESS in 2009!)

jy: done :D

beef: okay okay well done you survived the new zee post too! hahaha. and yes miss lee will be super proud of me! I think that's the only long bio term I remember from my EOY revision last year-.- oh oh, actually make that two. arteriosclerosis and ATHEROsclerosis!

wasabi: hey! yup I am :) who is this though? haha!

TOHHF: HAHA STOP LAUGHING, leapoflove. yours was even funnier okay! esp the last one. and the "in dreams" one. hahaha.

Linshan: hahaha how observant of you! but I meant something else, actually, you might want to re-read it again haha :D or am I being misleading o.o haha HMT was good, I got an A1! so I'm dropping chinese (I was gonna type next year when I realized that it's actually this year-.-)!

--

whoa. so long.

Labels:

« back forward »