You come around and the armor falls
Saturday, February 28, 2015, 3:48 PM
Hello there, human :D
Idk why but I get easily creeped out by guys who are too forward in asking for my number on our first meeting, no matter how good-looking they are. I know that many girls actually like that, but I'm just not very receptive to this kinda thing and not too comfortable with the idea of finding potential dating partners right off the streets like that... I guess it's because I'm kind of paranoid and cynical usually, and phone number is something so personal that I wouldn't like to just give away to any Tom, Dick or Harry ._.
I mean I do like it when guys are forward, because I'm the kind of girl who blends in with the background and will forever be too shy to make any moves so I'll be like praying hard for the guy to act first otherwise toobadbyebyeI'llmoveon, but... on our first meeting, literally within minutes of knowing me??? That's a bit out of my comfort zone haha. I guess in the context of dating (if I were single), I'd be much more receptive to these things if they came from someone I work with or see on a regular basis, i.e. someone I'm already familiar with or at least slightly acquainted with. Or, if you want to push it further, I guesssss if I at least had a neutral pleasant decent conversation (meaning a real proper platonic one about legit/meaningful stuff with no hints of dating or wanting to be more than friends or creepy things like that) with him for a certain duration of time, even if I just met him for the first time on that very same day. As opposed to the next guy on the streets asking for my number whom I've exchanged less than 20 words with and known for less than 5 minutes; that's too short a timeframe for me to connect with anyone even on the most basic/superficial level, and he may very well be a serial killer for all I know :/ I'm saying all this because some guy did yesterday, and it was... just... no, so I told J about it and was trying to explain to him why it was a turn off and it made me think a lot hehe
Actually hmmmm I realize I don't like it when guys go around hitting on strangers in general lol. I know it's something that's reallyfreakingunbelievably common in the world today and many girls are okay with it or they even love/want it, and I mean I get that it shows that they're brave and confident and whatever enough to approach a random girl, and that can be good/attractive to a certain extent, but... it's my problem la okay I just don't fancy it so much :/ As much as I don't want to be/sound judgmental about this, to me it just says something about these guys that I don't really like and I can't quite explain myself fully nor eloquently. But I honestly will be very, very creeped out and start to mentally plan my nearest escape route to safety :/ Again that's just me hehe, I think many girls today are becoming more open to such things (so if you're a guy like that who chanced upon this random blog, don't worry k I'm the anomaly)... OKAY I'M ABNORMAL :/ Luckily J wasn't a random guy on the streets :P
Okie moving on!
Wrote a packing list for the upcoming Australia electives and omgggg so many things to bring :( 6 weeks is a long time I hope I'm packing enough. Still feeling kinda ambivalent about the trip :( I'm mostly feeling mediocre and maybe even not looking forward to it too much... Probably because
- I've been to Melbourne before (which diminishes the excitement of going somewhere new/previously unexplored),
- It's gonna be cold (don't get me wrong though, I love wintertime I really do! And I'd rather be too cold than too hot. I just hate WINTERWEAR and wrapping myself up because I'm going to look like a big fat pau everyday :( my body needs to breathe and ventilate and I prefer summer clothing so much more... gonna miss wearing skirts and shorts and sleeveless tops :( sighpie),
- I'm going to be doing 6 weeks of Orthopedics over there (which means studying and doing something I really don't like for 6 weeks, every single day, and most likely having to go OT everyday too, which I also hate argh :( cos it's a hassle and I severely dislike wearing the shower cap thingy), and
- I'm just not looking forward to 6 weeks of LDR in general :(
To get myself into an Aussie mood I shall pack this post with koala pics and gifs ^^
In other news, my macbook pro of almost 4 years died recently after I spilt a glass of water on it :(((( Left it to "dry" for 4 days and was so super happy when it booted up again and functioned just like before, eeeexcept for the fact that the battery could no longer charge :( so... yes it then ran out of batt and now there's no way to charge it or turn it on anymore :( Took it to a repair shop with J yesterday and was told that water damage repair would cost $300+, and because water damage can be very gradual, there's no guarantee that there will be no further sequelae a few months down the road. Discussed with J and concluded that it'd be more worth it to buy a new laptop instead, so ended up just taking out the internal hard drive and buying an enclosure to keep it in. That way I'll at least get to keep and access all my data! Thank God I didn't lose anything :D
Hehe the strange thing is, exactly one day before the spillage I had a sudden thought that "omg if my macbook dies one day all my files are gonna die along with it... better back up all the important files up on an external hard drive while I'm free now", and so I spent that one afternoon transferring all my important files while watching Friends to pass time :P It was such a strong sudden impulse that came completely randomly out of nowhere, and previously it had never once occurred to me that I should back up my files (and I have LOTS of important files, esp my 4 years of med school stuff which easily takes up about 80GB and I'd seriously cry myself to death if I ever lost them D: and many miscellaneous things like pics, music, chat history, and other sentimental stuff) ever since I got this macbook 4 years ago, so there's really no other explanation for it. Yay thank you Lord for the heads up!! :'))))
And before I forget, there's another thing to thank God for!!! Results came out on tuesday and I PASSED YEAR 4 :)))))))))))))))!!! Was so worried about that one ECG station I flunked so badly during OSCEs and praying so hard that my other stations (which went pretty well honestly) would compensate for that and pull up my overall marks. Was also praying hard for my MCQs (which also went pretty well, thank God) to compensate for my poorly done O&G MEQs. And by God's grace, I passed and even ended up doing better than I did in Year 3 :))) Next up, Year 5! The final year before we sit for our MBBS omg sigh 4 years flew by so fast. I know this upcoming year is not going to be easy and the real challenge only begins after we graduate, but I'll always remind myself to work hard, and of course to have more faith in God, which is something I tend to lose sight of sometimes especially when I'm stressed. In any case, I'm really, really thankful :) Honestly couldn't have done it all by myself; He's carried me through all these 4 years in med school even through times when I felt like I was stupid and lousy and useless and didn't deserve to pass. So thank God :) and thank you (and get well soon!!!) dear, for always reminding me, ceaselessly, that God is never far behind :)
Peaceful little baby koala sleeping peacefully
because he knows God is always protecting him :)
Hehe a late happy CNY to all btw! As usual I had zero visiting to do so it was quiet for me apart from 2 small reunion meals.
*omnomnom*
Things to do before I hop off to the land of kangaroos next Friday night:
- Study ortho so I don't end up being a noob in front of all them aussie doctors and bring down our school name and disgrace the motherland
- Study for CHP test next Friday omg kill me now :( I hate stats and info lit waaaai is there still a test when we already passed Year 4 with all the necessary koalificationssss (teehee sorry couldn't resist :P)
- PACK PACK PACK
- Stock up on shows to watch during the flight (it's Jetstar/budget airline so there's really nothing much to do inflight) and long bus journeys teehee
- One last proper date with J before we get separated for the next 6 weeks :(
"DON'T GO, HUMAN!!! :( *clings*"
- Le overly attached koala bear
Labels: australia, cny, electives, jeriel, koala, nus, random, thank God
Joy ♥




