Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Year of the Dragon! 
Monday, January 23, 2012, 1:01 PM
Hey world! I know I haven't updated in pretty long awhile again, my apologies :( been extreeeeemely busy lately, but now that I'm relatively freer thanks to the long CNY weekend, here's a freaking long post ('cause someone kept asking me to update) so you know I'm still alive :) The first 2 weeks of school were rather exciting, but I'll begin with the Korea trip first!

1) Korea (1 - 7 Jan)

Korea was really really awesome and I wish I could type a really detailed post about our trip but I don't have time to :( Pictures are on facebook anyway teehee. Yup we had a LOT of really delicious korean food (omg the grill and soups are incredibly yummy!!!! Think I fell in love with korean food heehee they're sooo good :D) Spent the first few days in Seoul and set off for yongpyong! Checked into Intercontinental Ski Resort (it was definitely one of the most luxurious hotels I've ever stayed in) and went skiing for the very first time in my life :D :D SUPER fun but seriously tiring haha. Muscles ached all over the next day, but at least we did kind of master the basics of skiing! Didn't fall much, surprisingly, although it was a bit scary when I started to feel like I was losing control as I picked up speed coming down the long ski slope. Dad fell the most but he was still the most adventurous one among the 3 of us! Mom was the least adventurous hee she barely skied at all :(

oh AND. One of the ski instructors (he was teaching a group of primary school kids) refused to help her up when she fell on the slope. Lol what? Excuse me that was just uncalled for. Dad and I were too far away to get to her so we saw her sitting in the snow and arguing with him from afar :( But WTH, isn't it every ski instructor's responsibility to assist beginner skiers in any way that they can to ensure their safety? No scrap that, any humane being with some semblance of what we call a CONSCIENCE wouldn't hesitate to help someone up from the ground. Does it matter if he/she is/isn't your student? No, you vile, repulsive creature devoid of morals. How dare he close his door right in my mother's face and how dare he do something like that to her zomg GRRR if I were just slightly braver I'd have gone right up to him and dissed the # out of his uncaring face for his appalling behaviour >:( what atrocity is this seriously! RAWR I was incredibly pissed so I glared at him long and hard. And he did catch it, so muahahaha.

Okay, on to happier things :) Went for a Swedish massage at the hotel too on our last day! Wanted to go for the Korean traditional massage but the masseur wasn't available :( Swedish massage was great nonetheless; it was my first massage experience and it really was incredibly relaxing especially after a long day of skiing with the sore butts and muscles and all :D I NEED to go back to Korea again!

Hee!

2) Project Make-It-Happen 2012 "The 6 Deadly Commandments" (13 - 14 Jan)

The first week of school can be summed up in just one word: HECTIC! Had rehearsals for our play until about 11pm everyday and went back to pgp every night feeling thoroughly zonked with barely any time left to catch up on lectures and tutorials. But our efforts and hard work did pay off :D Got a nasty shock on Friday though when I woke up in the morning with completely NO VOICE at all, thanks to a very bad cold I got after a tiring week. Thankfully it got better towards the end of the day so I still had about 80% of my voice for friday's show :)

Bear and a few friends from 7F (yunting, chingman, licheng, liwen, kenler, zeke, and dingjie) came down to support our play on friday night! Thank you for coming, guys :') Especially bear, who bought the last ticket from me just a few days before the show, for coming all the way down to watch, alone, for waiting for me outside the theatre so patiently after play, and for the flowers that will never die :) We went to join 7F for supper at waffletown after that!

Was left with only about 20% of my voice for our last 2 shows on Saturday (the afternoon show and the finale at night), tried my best to project my voice as much as possible but it was evident from the way I sounded on stage that I was sick. Made everyone (especially the stage right cast!) very worried :( Thank you stage right cast for offering tons and tons of water and strepsils, and Mervyn our dear protagonist for praying for me :) The shows went really well in the end even though I sounded very hoarse, and the audience did enjoy them very much! My parents came on Saturday too, they loved the acting and how brilliantly we put everything together so yayyyyy :D It was an amazing experience really; got to make many new friends and learn some pretty cool dance moves for our scene! I still think I could've done a much better job on stage if I didn't have the cold though... It's been about a week now and the coughing hasn't really gone away yet, so let's hope it doesn't become a chronic thing :( But yep enough about my irritating cough, well done to the cast and crew of Project Make It Happen 2012,

WE MADE IT HAPPEN! :)

Finale night: Normal shot!

In character :D Spot nerdy girl/harvard graduate Jacqueline teehee

ASG  we're all stars ^^

Thanks for coming down, 7F!!! 

3) WICKED @ MBS (18 Jan)

This was one of the highlights of the second week of school! Wicked was really... WICKED :D Got category D tickets ($95), but the view wasn't too bad. Love love love the songs and all their voices! Love the bits of humour they injected at various parts of the musical too :) The script and the actors were just so good and omg if I tried any harder to describe how amazing their performance was with my pathetically limited vocabulary I really wouldn't be doing justice to them. So yep that's Broadway for you, go watch it if you haven't already! Definitely worth your time :) Anyway it was the first (fourth for me!) musical bear has ever watched in his life, and he actually liked it very much! Yay looks like I'll be able to drag him along to watch more musicals in the future :D oh and, ran into some people outside the theatre after that hee ><

4) Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition @ ArtScience museum + 春到河畔 (20 Jan)

The other highlight of the 2nd week of school :D

Admission tickets!

ArtScience Museum

Our "boarding passes" :)

There were nine galleries in total but sadly no photography was allowed :( We were given an actual passenger's ticket/boarding pass each at the start of the exhibition and were supposed to find out, at the end of it, whether they survived the wreck. (They did! :D) Learnt a lot about Titanic's history, from her construction to the day she set sail on her maiden (and final) voyage to that one fateful night in April 1912 when the tragedy struck, the night the "unsinkable" liner took about 1500 lives into the watery grave. Got to touch an artificial iceberg too (ahh it was super cool) and stroll along the corridors of the beautiful ship :) It was a really extraordinary and moving experience; 100 years on, the stories the exhibition told were still as poignant as when they were written. Saw a piece of clothing recovered from the shipwreck on display with red/orange-coloured patches, and bear said those were bloodstains D: Really makes you think about how fragile life is :( And even the best fall down sometimes. Apparently in another 20 years or so, the entire body of the sunken ship will be reduced to nothing more than a speck of dust lying at the bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean, because some bacteria are feasting on the iron I think :( but the stories, of course, will live on. Really wish there was a way to save the ship though :(

Took a walk along the helix bridge after the exhibition and arrived at 春到河畔! Had tortoise jelly and grass jelly and tried our hands at the carnival game stalls, but didn't win anything HAHA



There wasn't much else to see there that night actually, but I guess more stuff should be up today since it's 初一! It was a great night out nonetheless :) It's been awhile since we've casted everything else aside and done something fun. It was like rediscovering my childhood too, because I haven't visited 春到河畔 in too many years! Really felt like a kid again ^^

Oh and we saw Steven Lim at citylink on the way back to pgp HAHAHA *starstruck* LOL way to end off the night with a bang! Snuck a picture of him mingling with some fans:

@casinowildhog
5) Getting fit!

Went night running with bear (my new KE neighbour teehee) on monday and thursday! 3.1km on monday (from pgp to business and temasek hall and back) and 4.6km on thursday (from pgp to utown and back) I think, almost died during the 4.6km run but I do feel a lot fitter than before now :D The last time I ran before monday was a good 6 months ago hee, so... yay! Looks like I'll be able to check a few things off my new year resolutions already :)

And now, to end this uber long post,

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR ♥

No NEW new year resolutions though! :P

Labels: , , , ,

« back forward »