Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Heart skips a beat 
Sunday, October 23, 2011, 11:18 PM
Lo and behold! My latest song obsession teehee:

HEART SKIPS A BEAT - LENKA

Heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat

My heart is playing tricks on me
And it’s building bricks on me
I can’t break through
And I can’t face you

My world is turning slowly now
But it’s burning up somehow
I need some time
To know what’s right

‘Cause it’s only in the quiet that I feel some relief
I’m trying hard not to resist the joy
Don’t listen to me I’m being paranoid
I might try hard but it’s too hard to avoid

My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat
My heart is always first to know
And as the feeling grows
I can’t deny push those thoughts aside
My world is full of loveliness
But I focus on the stress

My heart says “Go” but my brain says “No”
And it’s only in the quiet that I hear myself breathe

I’m trying hard not to resist the joy
Don’t listen to me I’m being paranoid
I might try hard but it’s too hard to avoid

My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat

Oh I know this time ’cause it’s physical
My blood has stopped and I am breathless as well
But I need a minute to convince myself
‘Cause it’s only in the quiet that I know what to feel

I’m trying hard not to resist the joy
Don’t listen to me I’m being paranoid
I might try hard but it’s too hard to avoid

My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat

I’m trying hard not to resist the joy
Don’t listen to me I’m being paranoid
I might try hard but it’s too hard to avoid

My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat
My heart skips a beat
Doesn't the music make you want to danceee! Hee and it's so relevant to med school :D

Anyway, hello world! Went for Sentosa's Spooktacular halloween event last friday and yay it was pretty awesome :D I didn't think it'd be able to top House of Horrors at Universal Studios in LA and the Madame Tussaud's haunted trail in Hong Kong at first but it was really much better than expected! Got early bird tickets ($14 discount in total hee) for 3 trails, so we went for "Deadly Lesson" at the Sentosa Nature Discovery, "Legendary Courts of Hell" at Images of Singapore and "Twisted Fantasy" at the Merlion. The queues were really uber uber long and I think queue time was about 30-45 mins on average? Almost had no time to go for our third trail (because the bear came late >:( but nah it's okay, we got kind of lost at first too because we walked to Sentosa via the boardwalk thingy but somehow ended up in USS instead LOL), really really wanted to go for the Rumah Gila trail at the Cable Car Museum but it had the longest queue and by the time we got there after Legendary Courts of Hell the queue was already closed because they couldn't take in anymore people :( Anyway we agreed that Legendary Courts of Hell was the best followed by Twisted Fantasy, then Deadly Lesson haha ahhh Deadly Lesson was super short despite the epic long queue time (so he played cut the rope + cut the rope seasons on my iphone the whole time).

Legendary Courts of Hell queue was really long too sigh and there was this tribal barbarian woman person who kept running around with a spear-like thingy and screaming into people's faces. The scream itself was freaky (and noisy and annoying too) to the max but when you see her EYES, my friends, omg her eyes were totally --> O.O except that they were 12345878475^8347845x scarier and not half as cute D: she was literally chasing people around Imbiah Lookout and there were a few poor girls who got super traumatized haha. Anyway, the trail was a super long one! Hid behind bear most of the time and screamed like every 2 seconds, and when we finally reached a flight of stairs that looked like the end of the trail I was SO relieved and I was happily telling him how scary the trail was and how glad I felt when it was over, but haha FAT HOPE. All of a sudden this stupid ghost appeared in front of me out of nowhere and RAWR-ED omg I got the biggest scare ever T____T!!!! So there was still a part 2 to the trail lol -_- But yep it was a really really good trail, I'll give them that! We both expected it to be the lamest of all with King Yan Luo and all, so we didn't originally plan to go for that one. But we went in the end because all the other trails had super long queues and ah I'm glad we did! :)

Last trail was Twisted Fantasy at the Merlion! There was barely anyone queueing so it was our turn pretty soon, and the crew asked us about all the trails we visited previously and how scary they were etc, so we told them and the guy was like "What?! Then why in the world are you two still smiling so happily? You look like you just came from a nice sunny day picnic at the botanical gardens" HAHA just happy we're alive mate, just happy we're alive. Anyway! The Merlion trail, in their own words, was quotequote "short and impactful" haha and boy was it short and impactful indeed. At the end of the trail 2 people came towards us flashing a super wide brilliant grin saying "Thank you! You have come to the end of the trail ^^" Yay! So being the gullible, naive and deluded girl that I am, I stupidly believed. (Haha bet you totally saw this coming) I did see 2 black curtains at the sides okay but I trusted that they wouldn't cheat my feelings again but oh merlin's beard, NO. How wrong I was T_T *bangs head on wall* and well I got a bloody huge scare, AGAIN, so thank you spooktacular crew I'm never going to believe you horrible, HORRIBLE people again :(

But in all, spooktacular was a fabulous event :D Random ghouls were just wandering around, creeping up behind unsuspecting singaporeans and photobombing etc hahaha! Bear was saying we should volunteer to be part of the scare crew next year. Come to think of it I guess it'd be fun! Teehee. All you have to do is wear the ridiculous costumes, walk/float reaaaaaally omfgfreaking slowly, make as much uncomfortable eye contact as possible with everyone you see, perpetually scream into people's faces at the top of your lungs like nobody's business, or just run towards random people at high speed. Sounds like my kinda fun :D oh and bear is my new idol because as far as I can remember, he didn't scream at all throughout all 3 trails, not even once! Even at the most shocking and frightening moments that scared the daylights (and, well, everything else) out of me. In fact he laughed quite a lot ._. okay I admit I'm a wimp ahhh can't believe how much I screamed :( Anyway, got back to PGP at 1am+ after missing the last circle line train. But yep it was a great night out :D Someee pics because I'm simply too lazy to upload them all:

Hahaha female ghost randomly grabbing innocent people in the queue

Legendary Courts of Hell!

Grim reaper dude at entrance of Legendary Courts of Hell

Twisted Fantasy poster! The light at the girl's face was pure coincidence haha thanks to flash!

My er... BFF :D

Oooh this was a reaaally pretty place! Thank you bear for taking the picture :)

Images of Singapore!

BFF from the underworld #2

On the way to Deadly Lesson!

This ghost made me jump with his sudden "RARRRGH" -_-

Rumah Gila! Can't really see the crazy queue but trust me it really was crazy.

Hmmm what else. Oh, last monday we had our CA1 and ahhhhh it was... :( think I focused too much on anat revision and left out a lot of important details for biochem. Totally forgot what the Social Cognitive Theory was too so I just wrote a load of crap for MEQ. Haha oh wellsers, just keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to pass at the very least, though I'm probably gonna need quite a bit of luck :( Promise I'll study very hard and smart for CA2 (which is in december, just around the corner again omg) But anyway last monday wasn't all that terrible :) Played badminton at the sports hall with the OG right after the exam! (and we had an epic learn-tamil-with-vidhya session too HAHA ningger yehperdi yirukingger!!!) It was the first time I exercised in a very very long time, and plus I was so unbelievably happy to play badminton after like ages so I was really enthu and played from 2pm+ to 6pm non-stop! Was way too lazy to bring proper shoes so I just played barefooted hee. Ended up with lots of blisters sigh but it was still <3!! :) All my muscles ached for like the entire week and I do mean ALL! (okay, most) (anat revision time! brachioradialis, supinator, pronator teres, biceps brachii, brachialis, deltoid, trapezius, latissimus dorsi, pectoralis major, quadriceps femoris, hamstrings, etc etc, so I couldn't sit / get up from my seat / walk up the stairs / walk down the stairs / bend down without aching all over, think I walked like a crab and/or waddled like a penguin most of the time :( and here's a tip: squatting toilets = REALLY bad idea when you're in that state) In fact they're still aching now, like the last 10% maybe? But I went downstairs to play badminton with my dad again today teehee I must be crazy :) looks like I'm gonna have to prepare for round 2 of bad muscle ache!

Wow I haven't written such a long and action-packed entry in awhile haha because life just wasn't terribly exciting before CA1 -_- Oh and guess who turned 19 last weekend :D yay *party poppers* haha 19 doesn't feel any different really, but okay that's what I say after every birthday hee! So yep thank you to all the lovely people who wished me, and my OG for the belated birthday card and birthday song :) Can't believe I'll be turning 20 next year. That's going to mark the end of my teenage life so I guess I'll try my best to make the most out of my last year as a teen! ….by passing all my CAs so I can move on to Year 2 hahahaha #nerdisme

Meow! :)

[abrupt end]

Labels: , , , , ,

« back forward »