Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
Revamp! 
Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 2:36 PM
Hullo folks :D (or anyone else who's still lurking around here)!

I have no idea why I even decided to revamp my blog, I guess I just felt bored hee. so yep, you're looking at a new blogskin downloaded off the net! (yes I simply can't be bothered to make my own blogskins anymore) I've removed the tagboard, not because I don't want to hear you speak but because I doubt anyone will even be speaking here anymore so it's just gonna attract loads and loads of spam. but don't expect this place to become super duper alive again though! I'll still be posting, cos I'm simply not ready to end the 6-years relationship with this blog yet *sniff*, just a lot less frequently :)

anyway! I haven't posted in about half a year (wow time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like a banana), lots and lots have happened and life has pretty much been revolving around uni apps and stalking brightsparks forums etc etc. oh but for the record, I didn't get straight As for A levels :( the B for chem was tremendously depressing and I really thought all my hopes and dreams were shattered. So out of desperation I practically applied to universities all over the world.

but praise the Lord, I have made it into NUS to study a course that I've always always always dreamt of studying!!! :) it was kinda unexpected really and I completely jawdropped when I got the news so yep, I feel incredibly blessed beyond words that I've been given this amazing opportunity!! But while this marks the beginning of 5 extremely rigorous academic years and many many more years of the tiring but rewarding career to come, I'm starting to feel really apprehensive once again :( The thought of having to go for the orientation camp in July not knowing anyone (well, almost, cos yan made it tooooo! :D) and in THIS state (won't elaborate here) some more is frightening... and I'm not exactly a social butterfly but it's okay, I have 5 whole years to fall in love with NUS, and I'm sure I will :) The flip side of going to NUS is that school will be starting really really soon in about 2 months time! I was planning to take a few months off to do voluntary work abroad but I guess that's gonna have to go down the drain now. Plus I've always dreamt of going overseas for university since I was a happy little girl, but looks like I'll be staying local after all! oh wellsers it's not that bad a thing though, I'm really lucky to have made it so I'm gonna treasure this opportunity! oh and I'll be getting a new phone (ahhh someone tell me if I should wait for iPhone 5 or just get iPhone 4 and be happy with it), new laptop and new camera, so that's something to look forward to :)

But I'm still pretty worried about medicamp though. been reading random seniors' blogs about how their medicamps went and it sounds really exciting! So I really really want to sign up for it so I can have fun and get integrated into the faculty with the rest of my coursemates, but I'll probably feel so out of place because of... so many reasons. Seems like I'll be stepping into an RJ world. kinda intimidating, but that's definitely NOT what's bothering me the most I guess :/ I bet people are already going to start asking questions (well provided that they will actually bother to talk to me in the first place) during the pre-camp tea, and then I'll have to explain this and that and deal with random stares and arghhhhh. :( ah well, I have until 7 June to make up my mind. I remember being super apprehensive about hwachong's orientation too back in 2009 because I didn't know a single person in my OG, but I survived and grew to love my OG very very much! So who knows? Then again the situation is a little bit different this time...

Anyway, submitted my NUS residences application a few days ago, so keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get type A room (with aircon and en suite toilet!!!) at the beautiful condo-like PGP :D it'll be random balloting so... eeeeep! no Halls for me though, I figured that Hall life and all the activities that I'll have to participate in will most likely suck all energy out of me, and being the extremely passive person that I am with an utterly lamentable portfolio that lacks outstanding CCA achievements, I'm probably not the most ideal candidate and not that suited for the Halls anyway hee. So yep, will (hopefully) be staying at NUS in my first year just for the experience! and well, convenience too... but mainly the experience of being independent yesh :)

ALRIGHT, remember how I used to end some of my posts abruptly last time? yep gonna have to do that again today! goodbye :)

Labels:

« back forward »