Happy happy new year! :D
Thursday, December 31, 2009, 5:11 PM
warning: looooong post. like, really long.
---
:OOOOOOO 2nd post of the day!
call me lag, but something just hit me. I just realized that today is the last day of 2009!!!! ._. oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh, this year really flew by for most of us huh? I guess time flies when you're having fun. but wait, that's only applicable to the START of the year, when everything was still all blue skies and butterflies. like I mentioned in another place, I still remember us cuddling in the hall singing "悠悠如云年轻彷徨的心,飘然来到黄城里", dancing innerhand outerhand like idiots, cheering ourselves hoarse like idiots, grinning like idiots, falling down like idiots, getting wet like idiots, running around madly with our OGs and classes like idiots, and having fun like idiots. we were idiots, but we were happy :) and that was all that mattered then! we were a bunch of happy idiots, excited and eager to meet new people and embark on our new journey together as one hwachong.
and then we were separated into faculties, classes, and subject combinations. then came war games, fac dance, POP and move move shake shake APOLLO :) grahhh life was so good back then!! I was all "OMG I LOVE JC LIFE TTM!!! :D:D:D"
..and then they just had to shatter all my hopes.
suddenly, all the tutorials, assignments, failed quizzes, failed block tests, PW and promos came into the picture. everyday turned into a wild-goose chase, a race against time. JC life became somewhat like an endless rat race that robbed us of.. well, a life, and we lost ourselves in the process of trying to get at least a passing grade to get promoted to JC2. the rest of the year flew by because of completely packed schedules, sleepless nights, insomnia, endless homework/revision/tests and unimaginable stress in all forms. honestly, I do miss those idiotic orientation days A LOT, and I'd give anything to relive those days again! you have no idea how jealous I would be when I see my juniors having so much fun next year :( if you're not a JC student yet, the above may scare you. but this IS JC life! they give you all the fun when you first step into your new school, and then they take it all away from you. cruel, harsh, brutal even, but true. oh wells, the REAL rigour begins next year, in 10 days. JC1 was just an appetizer for you to get a sneak peek of what's coming your way in JC2, so I guess.. it's really really time for us to buck up. JC2 is no time for jokes, and I guess we've already had some good fun this year! I'll convert into a full time nerd next year (IFFF everything goes smoothly without distractions like facebook, twitter, msn etc) and hopefully, A Levels will be over in the blink of an eye, and it'll be time for lots of fun again :D
okay, here's what people always do when it's the last day of the year.. reminisce, reflect, review, set resolutions etc! and I shall do that. so here goes! 2009 - this year has been a pretty eventful year for me, and I guess that should be the case for everyone! the excitements/thrills of being a JC student, being in a mixed school, meeting new peeps, and lots and lots of orientation fun :D JC life has really been.. interesting and different so far.
but I know I haven't done well this year. at all. I think most of us haven't.. I know I can do MUCH better. it was the new lectures/tutorials format that I couldn't get used to, so sometimes I stop paying attention and enter screensaver mode :/ and you know, JC life = new friends, more events/outings to attend and everything. so I admit that sometimes I neglected my studies. and promos - it was all bad time management. I remember how I stayed up till 2am to cram bio notes on the actual exam day and how I even skipped morning assembly to cram even more stuff. that isn't being hardworking, contrary to popular beliefs. that's just SO DAMNED STUPID :( I should've started preparations for promos wayyy earlier, and I should've had more discipline. when I went on a long hiatus on my blog, I didn't actually stay off the internet, because even without my laptop (yes I did lock it up somewhere), my iTouch was still within my reach. so yes, I need more discipline next year!! my parents had been very understanding about my studies this year, although I failed to realize that earlier. I know I shouldn't disappoint them next year, but I'm still really really scared. what if I lose all my discipline again? what if I get distracted by facebook? what if I get sucky grades and end up in a lousy University? I'd not only be shattering my own hopes of getting into a good University, but also my parents hopes of seeing their daughter do well :( sigh. enough emo shit, it's time to thank people for a pretty incredible year :) I won't be thanking individuals one by one so I'll just go by groups!
first of all, OG25!
OG25 KEBABA! orientation REV-IT-UP 2009 has been simply fantabulous with all of you! I can't emphasize this further, you guys are the very first bunch of amazing friends I made in hwachong and I'll always remember the amazing friendships that were forged at the start of the year :) I REALLY enjoyed all our OG outings and lumos and pool and the BBQ at guoyuan's house etc etc! although we have already drifted apart quite alot, I'm glad we still wave when we see each other in school, and I'm still super duper thankful to be in OG25! it's really incredible how everyone managed to click just like that. so thank you sherry (OG mommy), howard (OG daddy), and the wonderful wonderful ogmates for a brilliant start of my JC life, and all the best in 2010 <3 :D:D:D
---
:OOOOOOO 2nd post of the day!
call me lag, but something just hit me. I just realized that today is the last day of 2009!!!! ._. oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh, this year really flew by for most of us huh? I guess time flies when you're having fun. but wait, that's only applicable to the START of the year, when everything was still all blue skies and butterflies. like I mentioned in another place, I still remember us cuddling in the hall singing "悠悠如云年轻彷徨的心,飘然来到黄城里", dancing innerhand outerhand like idiots, cheering ourselves hoarse like idiots, grinning like idiots, falling down like idiots, getting wet like idiots, running around madly with our OGs and classes like idiots, and having fun like idiots. we were idiots, but we were happy :) and that was all that mattered then! we were a bunch of happy idiots, excited and eager to meet new people and embark on our new journey together as one hwachong.
and then we were separated into faculties, classes, and subject combinations. then came war games, fac dance, POP and move move shake shake APOLLO :) grahhh life was so good back then!! I was all "OMG I LOVE JC LIFE TTM!!! :D:D:D"
..and then they just had to shatter all my hopes.
suddenly, all the tutorials, assignments, failed quizzes, failed block tests, PW and promos came into the picture. everyday turned into a wild-goose chase, a race against time. JC life became somewhat like an endless rat race that robbed us of.. well, a life, and we lost ourselves in the process of trying to get at least a passing grade to get promoted to JC2. the rest of the year flew by because of completely packed schedules, sleepless nights, insomnia, endless homework/revision/tests and unimaginable stress in all forms. honestly, I do miss those idiotic orientation days A LOT, and I'd give anything to relive those days again! you have no idea how jealous I would be when I see my juniors having so much fun next year :( if you're not a JC student yet, the above may scare you. but this IS JC life! they give you all the fun when you first step into your new school, and then they take it all away from you. cruel, harsh, brutal even, but true. oh wells, the REAL rigour begins next year, in 10 days. JC1 was just an appetizer for you to get a sneak peek of what's coming your way in JC2, so I guess.. it's really really time for us to buck up. JC2 is no time for jokes, and I guess we've already had some good fun this year! I'll convert into a full time nerd next year (IFFF everything goes smoothly without distractions like facebook, twitter, msn etc) and hopefully, A Levels will be over in the blink of an eye, and it'll be time for lots of fun again :D
okay, here's what people always do when it's the last day of the year.. reminisce, reflect, review, set resolutions etc! and I shall do that. so here goes! 2009 - this year has been a pretty eventful year for me, and I guess that should be the case for everyone! the excitements/thrills of being a JC student, being in a mixed school, meeting new peeps, and lots and lots of orientation fun :D JC life has really been.. interesting and different so far.
but I know I haven't done well this year. at all. I think most of us haven't.. I know I can do MUCH better. it was the new lectures/tutorials format that I couldn't get used to, so sometimes I stop paying attention and enter screensaver mode :/ and you know, JC life = new friends, more events/outings to attend and everything. so I admit that sometimes I neglected my studies. and promos - it was all bad time management. I remember how I stayed up till 2am to cram bio notes on the actual exam day and how I even skipped morning assembly to cram even more stuff. that isn't being hardworking, contrary to popular beliefs. that's just SO DAMNED STUPID :( I should've started preparations for promos wayyy earlier, and I should've had more discipline. when I went on a long hiatus on my blog, I didn't actually stay off the internet, because even without my laptop (yes I did lock it up somewhere), my iTouch was still within my reach. so yes, I need more discipline next year!! my parents had been very understanding about my studies this year, although I failed to realize that earlier. I know I shouldn't disappoint them next year, but I'm still really really scared. what if I lose all my discipline again? what if I get distracted by facebook? what if I get sucky grades and end up in a lousy University? I'd not only be shattering my own hopes of getting into a good University, but also my parents hopes of seeing their daughter do well :( sigh. enough emo shit, it's time to thank people for a pretty incredible year :) I won't be thanking individuals one by one so I'll just go by groups!
first of all, OG25!
OG25 KEBABA! orientation REV-IT-UP 2009 has been simply fantabulous with all of you! I can't emphasize this further, you guys are the very first bunch of amazing friends I made in hwachong and I'll always remember the amazing friendships that were forged at the start of the year :) I REALLY enjoyed all our OG outings and lumos and pool and the BBQ at guoyuan's house etc etc! although we have already drifted apart quite alot, I'm glad we still wave when we see each other in school, and I'm still super duper thankful to be in OG25! it's really incredible how everyone managed to click just like that. so thank you sherry (OG mommy), howard (OG daddy), and the wonderful wonderful ogmates for a brilliant start of my JC life, and all the best in 2010 <3 :D:D:D
next up, 09S7F!!!
LIVE IT THE F WAY! hahaha, I remember how we kicked start our year together with the hilarious class flag slogan and barbie dance :D I admit that I didn't really like our class at first, but after one whole year of JC life together with you all, I can say that I really fell in love with 7F! hahaha. I love all our mass lunches together, and although we've become more clique-y (that's pretty unavoidable actually because it happens in all classes), I can see that we're still much more bonded than a lot of other classes :) so be thankful for that! thank you very very much 7F for the endless fun in school every single day, the various outings, fac CIP, rockband (!!), iceskating, Kbox, Genting Trip, and many many many more to come! next year will be our last year together, so let's make the most out of it!! all the best for A levels :))) and after that, for those who missed the Genting trip, worry not! we shall have an awesomee overseas class trip again next year and this time, attendance will be compulsory for everyone! so yep, remember that 7F is always awesome! :D:D:D <3
LIVE IT THE F WAY! hahaha, I remember how we kicked start our year together with the hilarious class flag slogan and barbie dance :D I admit that I didn't really like our class at first, but after one whole year of JC life together with you all, I can say that I really fell in love with 7F! hahaha. I love all our mass lunches together, and although we've become more clique-y (that's pretty unavoidable actually because it happens in all classes), I can see that we're still much more bonded than a lot of other classes :) so be thankful for that! thank you very very much 7F for the endless fun in school every single day, the various outings, fac CIP, rockband (!!), iceskating, Kbox, Genting Trip, and many many many more to come! next year will be our last year together, so let's make the most out of it!! all the best for A levels :))) and after that, for those who missed the Genting trip, worry not! we shall have an awesomee overseas class trip again next year and this time, attendance will be compulsory for everyone! so yep, remember that 7F is always awesome! :D:D:D <3
thirdly, GREEN CLUB :)
consisting of jean ahma, chingman the wise owl, licheng the pink lover and joy! thank you 3 for making my time in 7F so enjoyable :D I remember all our super duper gay days and non-stop retardness! like teasing jean about her age, chingman about her "chingman dilemma", and licheng about her obsession with pink! so yup, JC life wouldn't have been the same without the three of you! tutorials/lectures would have been much more boring and JC life would have lacked a lot of laughters, and of course, colours. I've always believed that the reason why we can click so well is because we all have a 青 in our chinese names, and hence we called ourselves the "Green Club"! haha I remember how we wanted to come up with a cooler name, something that doesn't clash with the hwachong CCA group, but we still ended up sticking to GC anyways! I LOVE OUR GUITAR & SONG SESSIONS, and we should do that more often next year :) thank you for driving me through my tough times too, all the best for 2010 and thank you awesome friends! <3 :D
fourthly, HCCO daji section!
I don't know how many of you will actually read this, but hey awesome section! I'm really really sorry for stopping cca for so many months because of my stupid scar appointments (it's alr invisible now :D), and I apologize for the period of time when I was super anti-social and un-enthu about everything. I felt pretty distant from you all because of so many months of not attending CCA, but I'm glad that things are getting slightly better already :) thank you awesome section for not forgetting your fellow daji mate even though she was barely there half the time! and let's make our last year together a good one! even though I can't go for the Japan trip with you all, I'm pinning all my hopes onto our very own HCCO concert next year. so let's work hard together :D have a great year of 2010 ahead! <3
I don't know how many of you will actually read this, but hey awesome section! I'm really really sorry for stopping cca for so many months because of my stupid scar appointments (it's alr invisible now :D), and I apologize for the period of time when I was super anti-social and un-enthu about everything. I felt pretty distant from you all because of so many months of not attending CCA, but I'm glad that things are getting slightly better already :) thank you awesome section for not forgetting your fellow daji mate even though she was barely there half the time! and let's make our last year together a good one! even though I can't go for the Japan trip with you all, I'm pinning all my hopes onto our very own HCCO concert next year. so let's work hard together :D have a great year of 2010 ahead! <3
fifthly, HI219, my amazing PW GROUP!
thanks for making PW less miserable than it was supposed to be, thanks for the awesome teamwork and fun! I shall not repeat everything I've said so do refer to this post! :) there'll be no more PW next year so I guess we'll be seeing less of each other, but all of you will always be my fantastic groupmates! best of luck in 2010 :D <3
thanks for making PW less miserable than it was supposed to be, thanks for the awesome teamwork and fun! I shall not repeat everything I've said so do refer to this post! :) there'll be no more PW next year so I guess we'll be seeing less of each other, but all of you will always be my fantastic groupmates! best of luck in 2010 :D <3
and lastly, to all my old friends,
HEY YOU, I miss you all very very muchlys! primary school friends, SCGS friends, TES friends and 406 friends :) I'm really glad I caught up with some of you, but for the rest of you, keep in touch!! I know we're all freaking busy now but I'm glad we haven't drifted toooo much :D thank you to those who stood by me and are still willing to share things with me/listen to my rants even though we're not even in the same class/school/country now, ALL THE BEST in 2010 and I love you all very much in case you don't know :))) <3 and now,
masterstupiak: hello thanks for visiting! :D
xD: -checks IP- dingjie-_- haha happy new year!!
licheng: hahaha yup! xinying got my present in the end :D
bearbear: nooo it's too embarrassing! haha okay okay here's a sneak preview of my post. "看了bearbear 的部落格,才发现..." HAHAHA :D
--
HEY YOU, I miss you all very very muchlys! primary school friends, SCGS friends, TES friends and 406 friends :) I'm really glad I caught up with some of you, but for the rest of you, keep in touch!! I know we're all freaking busy now but I'm glad we haven't drifted toooo much :D thank you to those who stood by me and are still willing to share things with me/listen to my rants even though we're not even in the same class/school/country now, ALL THE BEST in 2010 and I love you all very much in case you don't know :))) <3 and now,
new year resolutions:And it's not good to drag tag replies over the new year, so TAAAAAGS!
1. stop camping on facebook
2. stop stalking blogs
3. stop tweeting so much
4. have more discipline and study reaaaally hard. A LEVELS!!! D:
5 catch up with all my old friends after A levels
6 be a better person and welcome adulthood with open arms.
7 listen and pay attention during lectures and tutorials!
8 sleep earlier everyday.
9. make 2010 the best year ever!
10. remember all of the above :)
masterstupiak: hello thanks for visiting! :D
xD: -checks IP- dingjie-_- haha happy new year!!
licheng: hahaha yup! xinying got my present in the end :D
bearbear: nooo it's too embarrassing! haha okay okay here's a sneak preview of my post. "看了bearbear 的部落格,才发现..." HAHAHA :D
--
that's all! I'm gonna get back to chem now :( but before I go, here's wishing everyone a very
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2009 has been awesome, and 2010 will be even better, so all the best in the new year :D
2009 has been awesome, and 2010 will be even better, so all the best in the new year :D
新年快乐万事如意恭喜恭喜 ^^
ps. wowww, I wrote 2 uber long posts in a day. REJOICE! :D
Labels: happy new year, Resolutions
Joy ♥