Chasing waterfalls
Joy ♥
15 October 1992
NUS YLLSoM class of 2016
God, squirrels, puppies, singing, reading, travelling, long walks, stars



"It is raw and it is so damn real you want to run away just to soak it up and take it in. The soul mate. The one you feel vibrate when they are a thousand miles away. The one you hear whisper when they think about you. The one who lets you move freely but embraces your shadow from afar. That one. The one you feel like you have known for a million years."
- Unknown
« back forward »
A Series of Unfortunate Events 
Tuesday, March 03, 2009, 6:05 PM
!!!

TODAY IS SO NOT MY DAY :( because poor me had a series of unfortunate events :( I feel like crying just by thinking about them.

let's start from the morning! we had math lecture and then PE. my nose was running like mad during math lecture and I managed to use up 2 packets of tissue. go me. and then it was PE! jean and I are sick people and somehow that made us really gay and nonsensical so we did gay and nonsensical things (I realize that all my posts regarding jean will always have the word "gay" in them somehow"). we had to go macritchie to run and so we left our valuables and water bottles with kenneth soo, who was excused from running! let me say something here. KENNETH SOO, I TRUSTED YOU! (oh by the way, zeke has a super sick mind. I said "you huge puny person" to him and he thought I said something else which was SICK TO THE CORE.)

okay moving on.. talked and gossiped a lot with jean during the run (and cough, walk) and after her friend joined us, we gossiped even more. about ahem and ahem. ahem. then it started raining so every class got separated because everyone was desperate to get on the bus D: gossiped all the way back on the bus with jean again, then proceeded to look for kenneth, who had all our belongings. (supposedly. ahem.) went back to the class bench, got back my phone and skirt but couldn't find my water bottle, and I started to have a bad feeling about things. but I decided to get food first so I went over to the canteen and saw kenneth soo eating! so I marched over and asked him nicely where my bottle was and he gave me the sheepish guilty suspicious smile. so I asked "YOU LOST IT?!" and he was like "someone took it but I don't know who.." and I was thinking how was I supposed to get it back then?!

so yeah, that was unfortunate event #1. HE DIDN'T BRING MY BOTTLE BACK >( I shall say it once again. KENNETH SOO, I TRUSTED YOU! I entrusted you with my precious and beloved water bottle and this is what you do to me! I was soooo furious and AHHH so I was like thinking "omg what am I supposed to do without my bottle! I'm sick and I need lots and lots of H2O!" so I went to buy a bottle of mineral water and went to kenneth and demanded a decent compensation.

and the welfare room was locked so I couldn't check the "Lost and Found" area! dieeeee so I dragged kenneth and chingman with me to the PE department to see if anyone brought my bottle back. NOTHING! :( and so we went down the slippery steps. AND I SLIPPED DOWN THE STEPS AND FELL AND LANDED ON MY BUTT! and my skirt became blackish! omg! it was PAINFUL ok! and it was all kenneth's fault >( if he kept my bottle properly I wouldn't have gone to look for it at the welfare room, and I wouldn't have went to the PE department seeing that the welfare room was closed, and I wouldn't have gone up the steps which led to the Pe department, and naturally I wouldn't have had to come DOWN the stairs, and I wouldn't have slipped and fell and hurt my butt!! it was so embarrassing and unglamorous and whatever you call it >( and THAT was unfortunate event #2.

went back to the class bench feeling sorry for myself. just as I was complaining to my dear friends about the wonderful day I had, I SAW MY BOTTLE. it was on this random class bench so I made a dash for it and hugged it. then I felt water trickling down my shirt-.- the cap was broken. apparently the thing that was supposed to be part of the.. um, "latch" (?) broke off and was nowhere to be found. so my bottle became un-close-able. no wonder water came spilling out when I grabbed it -.- and I have absolutely no idea how the thing broke off. I know the run was tiring, but how can anyone get as desperate as to grab a random bottle lying around and break the poor cap apart?! he/she must've been really thirsty, but that's not an excuse for being so barbaric right! -.- so this was unfortunate event #3. haha.

then it was chem lab (I coughed like 2984759874385721 times and it was so annoying!) and 2 unfortunate events happened during that period -.- I was doing titration and I realized that there were some acid or whatever on the inner walls of the flask, so I tilted the flask wanting to make the drops of acid go down. and guess what, I ended up pouring everything all over my chem worksheet -.- there went my painstakingly prepared (pipetted and buretted) mixture of 25cm3 of FA2 and 40cm3 of FA3!! terrible. this was unfortunate event #4. then I got weird results for titration, but that's not the point. anyways, lots of people broke stuff during today's chem lab. first it was zeke, then it was junsong and liwen I think. I was still grinning and quietly thinking "omg so many bad things happened to me today, thank goodness I didn't break anything this time." and a few minutes later, when I was still gloating about it, I BROKE SOMETHING. YES. when we were washing up, I didn't see the TRANSPARENT pipette on the retort stand in front of the sink, so I reaaaaached out and tried to turn the tap on. and I ended up punching the pipette into half. AMAZING -.- I've never broken a lab apparatus before in my entire life. this was the first time! and of all days. of all days! why choose my unluckiest day!? .. okay actually it makes sense. argh so I forked out $2 for the broken apparatus. so yup, that's unfortunate event #5 for you :D

.. and theeeeen, the last unfortunate event wasn't THAT unfortunate as compared to the 5 unfortunate events before it. I just couldn't contact jaime tan zhen min (lol I still remember how I heard "tan zhen min" as "luncheon meat" when chingman said it), who was supposed GO SOMEWHERE WITH ME! somewhere somewhere somewhere. and I was so excited about it for the whole day. then she decided to become uncontactable. I called her at least 10 times, and I'm not exaggerating! and the thing I kept hearing in the phone was "the M1 customer you've reached is currently unavailable. please try again later. goodbye." DO YOU KNOW HOW IRRITATING THAT IS D: omg. couldn't find her at the class bench either. she specifically told me yesterday that she postponed her SMTP or something today just to GO TO THAT PLACE with me! so in the end, we didn't go at all and I went home with jean pouting like a sulky baby. unfortunate event #6!

woozah, what a long post. I feel so unfortunate. I need to go and cry in a corner. SIGH :/

GP ESSAY TEST TOMORROW! I shall read newsweek and be a mugger :) and I wonder the next unfortunate event will be. I've already experienced 6 today, so just come on and make it 10 or something-.- maybe I'll come down with a fever o.o okay okay I'M KIDDING! touchwood! I'm such a sad person and I'm already feeling sad enough :(

toodles.

Labels: ,

« back forward »